Is the BBSHD still engraved as 750w?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the BBSHD still engraved as 750w?

Finally pulled the trigger on a BBSHD kit last night (Stoked!!). I ordered a programming cable, but also opted for the 'hot rod' program as I intend to use the bike both off and on road. I've recently read some new CA ebike laws requiring ebike manufacturers to label the peak wattage, class, etc (the way it's written makes it sound ike DIY bikes are not yet held to the same labeling standards). Without getting to much into the weeds, I'm simply writing to ask if anyone knows if the BBSHD is still engraved as 750w, even with the 'hot rod' option selected. I'll choose my own moral battles as to whether or not I 'should' be riding on the street with the controller programmed at 30 amps, but having the label read 750w is really key to avoid any sort of legality issues. This will be my primary commuter and I'll be riding on road often.

Yes all our BBSHDs have always been engraved with 750w for these reasons.

Comment

Unfortunately Canada's law limits us to 500 watts. I was planning on sanding out the engraving.

Comment

its stamped pretty deeply into the drive. Just put a sticker over it. Its at the very bottom of the drive. I doubt anyone would turn your bike upside down or climb underneath it with a flashlight.

Comment

Right on, I already have an "official" sticker I am making up for my "500W BBS02". Might just fill in the engraving with some black epoxy. Dont want to lose my ride!

Comment

Perhaps fill in the 750W engraving with JB-Weld (or similar epoxy), then sand it smooth, and paint the repair black. As to having a 500W sign on the motor, there are many options.

Comment

• Rodney64
              Rodney64 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes that may work Ron,
          Working...
          X