BBSHD wiring to shark pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBSHD wiring to shark pack

I ordered at BBSHD kit a few days ago with a 52V 13.5ah shark pack. I've read a ton of posts about the type of connectors that come with the BBSHD controller and the battery and I just cannot seem to find the correct answer. Can someone please clarify if the 'kit' I ordered is 'plug and play', or if I will need to order connectors? My interpretation is that the battery is either bare wire or it comes with an xt90 and the controller has anderson connectors. Should I just order a couple xt90s to be safe? Are xt90s compatible with the xt60 connector on my charger? For what its worth, I am really trying to make my build as water resistant as possible, so better connectors/shrink wrap/cable housing is a plus. I haven't soldered before, but I can pick up the tools needed, if need be. I know this discussion has been brought up many time before, but each case is a little different and I have not found an answer as to what kind of connectors Luna is shipping in kits. Thanks all
    Last edited by mbwaterdog; 02-16-2017, 07:33 AM.

It will unlikely be plug and play. Shark pack has its own round coaxial charging input so you can bring battery into house to charge. My charger came with XT60 to round coaxial adapter. Motor connects to Shark pack mount and you will likely have to do some soldering. XT 90 works great, but you can also directly solder motor wires to Shark pack mount for a very clean install.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Halt View Post
      It will unlikely be plug and play. Shark pack has its own round coaxial charging input so you can bring battery into house to charge. My charger came with XT60 to round coaxial adapter. Motor connects to Shark pack mount and you will likely have to do some soldering. XT 90 works great, but you can also directly solder motor wires to Shark pack mount for a very clean install.
      That clears things up a lot. Thank you. I am certainly leaning towards direct wiring motor to shark pack - seems like one less failure point and I can shorten the the wire lengths to fit properly. Without having connectors between the battery mount and the controller/motor, is sparking even a concern?

Comment

Working...
      X