Bafang BBSHD Bluetooth adaptor for controller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bafang BBSHD Bluetooth adaptor for controller

Hi I have received my in line Bluetooth adapter for my BBSHD.

to have a look at one look up Fore Rider as an app for your phone and you download the app and can order the adaptor for your motor

app.lsdzs.com

so fitted ok

it seem to cause an error on the controller display.

but you turn the current system off

and it works fine

lots of customization on phone but will have to wait for paid version of app to boost max speed.

anyone else got one of these??

It talks to the BMS as well . but unfortunately not mine . I get battery level only but there seems to be support for certain Batteries.

let me know how its going.

just got to find the right holder for my Samsung S6 Edge now. One that protects phone a bit as well

Last edited by SulshyBoi; 03-22-2017, 01:12 AM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FR1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	30888Click image for larger version

Name:	FR3.jpg
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	30889Click image for larger version

Name:	FR2.jpg
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	30891Click image for larger version

Name:	FR4.JPG
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	30890
    Some pics of App and Connector

Comment

Has anyone else used this App and Bluetooth controller on their BBSHD or BBS02? It would be nice to hear some reviews.
      Cheers!

Comment

Hey now
        I ordered one 11 days ago and 4 working days later I got an email stating they were about to ship via TNT they just needed my phone number so I'd advise to put that in the order
        I'll put a quick review when I get it
        on the Play Store ForeRider only shows 100 downloads and the newer pro update limits speed so downloaded both

I'm currently testing an EggRider and I see this as solid direction for Bafang users
        Eric mentioned he's coming out with one and I've been researching and tinkering one together

Comment

Do you have to use the stock display with this or can you use this on its own? If you can ditch the stock display then I'm sold. :D

Comment

OMG it just appeared in my mailbox with the speed it was worth
            $25 shipping
            doing a quick set up I don't have all the configurations set on my BBSHD but it is working and yes both this and the EggRider you can ditch the display

Eggrider is very beta the programming of controller PAS settings perfect but voltage reading isn't happening

I just started playing with ForeRider so I can't give a good review but initially i happy learn with the ForeRider I can turn off the controller
            I can power up the Batt-man but motor is off phone on or off I have to start phone and app to start the controller

EggRider and ForeRider are both a great step forward Eric mentioned he might be throwing his hat in the ring with a device

The great things they both do is read/write controller settings
            I don't want to put my phone or a $10 eBay phone on my handlebars
            The way I've used EggRider is work a belt pouch I'm keeping the Batt-man
            Last edited by Robert Larrison; 08-08-2017, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Some updates ForeRider can somewhat work without the display but works better with it plugged in
              ​​​​​That is hackable
              Other thing is the pro version limited speed and amperage 26mph/41km and 15amp if I can't hack that then I'll stick with the better programming and no display of EggRider
              But it's great to have options and I'm confident that they both willl upgrade the software

Comment

The EggRider is very easy to use. Hook it up takes seconds. I use an old phone that has blue tooth and wifi. I go back inside and enter a new profile while drinking coffee. I don't use it as a display. I change back after programming. I like the buttons on the bike for PAS. Don't want to have to press small numbers on the phone. Not as easy or convenient to do. Look forward to seeing what others come out with. This is around 50 bucks, or maybe it was 50 euro, I don't remember. I would get this and not spend the money on a programming cable. Then it seems really cheap.

Comment

As an update, you can also program the Ludicrous controller with the EggRider.

Comment

Just got an EggRider today. I haven't hooked it up yet because my BBSHD's wiring harness has been modified. I opened up the EggRider to take a peek, it was quite disappointing. First sight was a hair stuck in the pink goo they've used for potting. No pics taken until after I removed the potting..............and hair.

Name:	IMG_2.jpg
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	43445
                    The left circle: the connector is cracked, should be okay. Users beware, there is nothing holding the wire into the case except a little blob of hot glue (removed here). Top right circle: It looks like the trace was pulled up off the pcb here. Lower right circle: No idea, a very short piece of yellow wire sticking out connecting to nothing. If it weren't for the existing antenna trace, I'd guess bluetooth antenna.

Overall it definitely looks "Beta" & homemade. Hopefully it works, and keeps working. I'll update whenever I get around to hooking it up.

Comment

Hey Epyon thanks for the pic mate, can you please try and get a photo of the other side of the board?

Comment

Here you go. Not much to see.

Name:	IMG_20170901_104720.jpg
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	44023

Comment

Thanks heaps mate, whats the device name on bluetooth? if you have got it on yet

Comment

Well, I hooked it up. Bluetooth name is HC-06. It seems to work. No voltage display like others. Successfully changed a few settings. I get a "write error" every few tries. It seems to handle the 61.4v it's receiving as well. I'm just going to tuck it away in my battery box so I don't need to keep my programming port accessible. I don't intend to use the speedo or anything.

Comment

Well that didn't last long. My Eggrider is dead. Maybe it didn't like the higher voltage after all. It was nice while it lasted.

Comment

Working...
                              X