LUNA DPC-14 Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LUNA DPC-14 Issues

I have a new build with the BBS02 and have a few issues with the Luna DPC-14 Display. I have workarounds, but I want to know if these are known problems or if they can be fixed:

When I apply the throttle, the indicated speed on the DPC-14 is wrong. It can jump by 10, 20 mph or more above my real speed. I only see this when I use the throttle, not when I use pedal-assist. After a ride, I can review the stats from the ride and the max speed will show a crazy speed I never really reached.

The second problem may be related to the first one. When I set the Speed Limit on the DPC-14 to something like 45 kph, when I apply the throttle briskly the motor cuts out. I think this is because the sensed speed exceeds the limit.

So, are these known problems with the DPC-14?

Is your wheel size set properly?

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
      Is your wheel size set properly?
      Yes the wheel size is set to 26 inches. The indicated speed is fine in Pedal Assist mode, and is ok when I have a VERY light touch on the throttle.

Comment

My Luna DCP14 has some similar issues. Speed is accurate in throttle or PAS but the watts don't even display anything until I get into PAS 3 or higher and even then they are showing much lower watts than it should. The brake sensor icon that comes on the screen when using the brake takes two seconds to appear after applying the brake and disappears after one second, even while continuing to brake. Also, the analog/digital scene setting stays on digital even when set to analog.

The 850c display that I have on my other bike is basically an unbranded DCP14 but the watts meter is much more accurate, the brake icon pops up immediately when applying the brakes and stays on as long as I keep braking, and the analog scene setting works as it should.

Not surprised that the DCP14 has been replaced by Luna. Now the 750c is the latest display released for the BBSXX line and has user accessable settings for throttle and startup current. Will have to wait and see if people start reporting similar problems before buying the 750c, And then what's next? A display that allows user access to all the controller settings? That would be great, as long as it works right.

Comment

i purchased a DPC 14 about 18 months ago with my BBSHD kit and the circuit board recently shorted and fried. I wish to replace it with a 750c. Can I just plug it in and expect it to be compatible?

Comment

• max_volt
            max_volt commented
            Editing a comment
            The dpc14/850 is very good. The 750 is horizontal and has its issues. The latest is the dpc18 but not perfect either.
            Anything is better than those junky monochrome things.
        Working...
        X