Bbshd will not go into the bb past the threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bbshd will not go into the bb past the threads

Didn't expect that... Now what? File of the bottom bracket threads?

There maybe small burrs where the frame tubes meet BB. I had to file mine. Just don't force it in because it may not come out.

Comment

Didn't see that but I will look again.
      Really looks like the threads on the bbshd and the bb threads don't have enough clearance
      Last edited by Forgiven; 05-13-2017, 01:49 PM.

Comment

When I put mine together it would only go half in so I put a drop of oil on the shaft and spread it around and then twisted the bbshd as I pushed it in and it slide right in. You should also check to see if there is a paint run on it stoping it from sliding in.

Comment

The LBS has a bottom bracket threading tool: https://www.amazon.com/Park-Tool-Bottom-Bracket-Facing/dp/B000C12AF0 which will make the threads perfect and can reduce the width of your BB. The LBS won't too charge much for this service. I had it done on one side when I bent my BB on a bare frame; it was a miracle cure! The tool in the photo costs $541! I am currently saving up for one.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	71QCTq304-S._SX355_.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	35342Click image for larger version

Name:	BTS-1_002.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	35343
          Last edited by commuter ebikes; 05-13-2017, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Look for the simplest explanation first. There's probably a shift-cable guide bolted to the bottom of the shell, and that little bolt is blocking the BBSHD from screwing all the way in.

Comment

I had to sand down my BB shell with some sandpaper, as well as slowly push and twist my BBSHD through the shell. It eventually went in.

Comment

There was one of the downtubes with a weld that protruded just enough to catch on the threads on the other side.
                Thanks for all the help and suggestions

Comment

Working...
                X