Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robocam
    replied
    Do you miss anything the mighty mini offered?

Originally posted by ebikerman View Post
    UPDATE: I ordered the Lekkie bling ring and now my chain line is almost perfect! Shifting is almost as good as a normal bike and the chain is centered over the rear cassette.

Leave a comment:

• ebikerman
    replied
    UPDATE: I ordered the Lekkie bling ring and now my chain line is almost perfect! Shifting is almost as good as a normal bike and the chain is centered over the rear cassette.

Leave a comment:

• ebikerman
    replied
    Update: I cut off about 9mm of bottom bracket and got the bling ring and now my chain line is perfect! Shifting is a lot better and I don't have to worry about snapping the chain when I'm on the granny gear

Leave a comment:

• CPG
    replied
    I have the Mini on my Sturgis Bullet, and while the chain line looks pretty funky, it is working great, 250 miles of trail riding. My "plan" is to keep it as is, until something breaks or wears out. Then I'll see how many miles I rode and how much it cost to fix what broke. It may be a problem that isn't worth messing with. I really use the ultra low gearing on the dirt bike trails and would hate to give that up. My drive motor is 1/16" or less from the chain stay, so it's either go higher geared, or keep what I have and just replace things as needed.

Meanwhile, I'm giving serious thought of going with a Rohloff on a new Paratrooper Pro Montague. I want the very low gearing I now with on the 30 t fatbike, plus I want the highway speeds I have with the 42 T Montague I now have.

Leave a comment:

• tonk
    replied
    Lance Tesla, perfect TYSM.

Leave a comment:

• Lance Tesla
    replied
    It looks like he just used a couple of Adel clamps to fab the roller holder.

Leave a comment:

• tonk
    replied
    I need help here plz. I have scoured the internet but cannot find anything like what paxtana shows in the pic. The roller is easy but the arm/hanger that attaches to the roller & downtube? I can do minor fabricating but that looks manufactured, very clean looking. Sorry I didn't paste pic, I was unable to resize or use "quote".

Leave a comment:

• tonk
    replied
    A little late to the party but this thread didn't come up in earlier searches. Glad I stumbled on it today tho.

I started a similar thread here: http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...erailleur-swap

I'm running the Luna 42T. Had similar ideas to skymon & Mark. skymon's looks heavily modified but I really like Marks wheel concept. What device is that?

I was wondering if something like this would work http://www.amazon.com/Truvativ-32-36...le+chain+guide A little hard to find in a 42T but may be an option for the mini's, from $50 - OMG price range . More expensive than what is shown in this thread but less than having to switch over to a IGH system and if it will work, doesn't look out of place. Unfortunately, unlike an IGH system, your chain & rear cogs are still under a lot of stress.

Leave a comment:

• JPLabs
    replied
    I was looking at Derailleur Hanger tools when I found this; seems like a good tip if you don't have the tool:

Try this... Thread an axle (use a full wheel with the QR pulled out) into the derailleur hanger... Make slight adjustments to re-tune the hanger till the two wheels are completely parallel.

Leave a comment:

• ebikerman
    commented on 's reply
    I tried removing different gears and placing it behind the granny gear, it depends on which gear you remove. I removed the 2nd highest gear and required a 2mm spacer because when I put it behind the granny gear, it made the cassette too thick to lock properly. I removed a gear in the middle of the cassette and it was fine as a spacer.

• ebikerman
    replied
    I decided to convert my 7 speed back to a 9 speed because I was still getting ghost shifting and I didn't like the feeling of the missing gears when i wasn't using the motor. I ordered a derailleur hanger alignment tool to see if it's an alignment problem. I spent a few hours with the adjustment screws and I don't think any amount of adjustment will fix this problem. Shifting is ok on the stand, but goes all over the place while under load. At first I thought the loose motor mount was the problem, but after I tightened it, the problem was still there so I think the problem is in the rear end. I read that other regular bikes had the same problem even though the derailleur looked straight by eye balling it.

Leave a comment:

• JPLabs
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, I know what it looks like on there; I have one, too. Agree it would be quite hard to hit. Just mentioned it to be thorough.

• Lostboy423
    replied
    I'm pretty sure that I didn't hit anything. The MM sits inside the motor housing. The 4 missing teeth are randomly scattered throughout the ring. I'll try and post a pic.

Leave a comment:

• JPLabs
    replied
    Lostboy,

Did the teeth snap right off, or is there some evidence of bending first? Can you get a close-up, clear picture of the break, with enough detail to show the texture of the metal? (long shot, I know).

If you didn't hit each tooth on something and damage it, or break it in one shot, but they just popped off while riding, then it sounds like you may be reaching the fatigue limit of the metal. Side load from the misaligned chain will cyclically load the each tooth in bending, with every chain engagement event, which could eventually cause that to happen. I would expect this to happen only after quite a few miles.

So yes, a wacky chain line could cause it.

Leave a comment:

• Lostboy423
    replied
    I lost 4 teeth off of the Mighty Mini I wonder if it's due to a whacky chain line.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X