No announcement yet.

Need Ludicrous Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potting is kinda like glue or epoxy, it is a liquid that hardens so it encases electronics to make them more durable and weather resistant. See below for pics of the potting and video of removing a controller which also shows potting. Take care to put controller back properly and not fold gasket or you will impact it's water resistance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgFQK-ID8AM

https://lunacycle.com/bafang-bbshd-1...nt-controller/

Comment

Potting is the covering over the electronics in the controller. Here is an image of the inside of a controller with grey potting.

Comment

Okay, checked the potting: It's black. Then went down to Luna and Josh resolved it by showing me a new bike with the 1000W controller. I could see the difference without a doubt. Josh says that he has the same bike as I do with the Ludi and a bigger bag battery. His bike will wheelie out from under him. The only obvious difference between Josh's bike and mine is that his has the bigger bag battery 24 AH I think he said vs my 13.5 AH Shark battery. I am changing out my battery and will post results next week at the latest. I think the mystery is solved thanks to Josh.

Next bike will be Luna Full Suspension with Ludicrous. Just waiting for release.

Comment

• memberseven
          memberseven commented
          Editing a comment
          oh dang so yours is a new casting. when did you get your bike?

I picked it up on 6/7. Amazing since I placed the order on 6/1. As a matter of fact I was stunned when Josh called to tell me the bike was ready for pickup! I wasn't expecting it for another week or two.

Comment

• memberseven
          memberseven commented
          Editing a comment
          cool, I like the new housing unit a lot better, gonna see if I can just buy one by itself off them.

Yep, and given the nice build and great customer service with Josh and the building team I am going to seriously consider the new Ludicrous Full Suspension fat tire bike coming out at the end of the month. I will start with the biggest battery pack available next time around.

Comment

How was this resolved? What happened with the bigger battery?

Comment

Working...
          X