Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatbike BBS02 100mm conversion to BBSHD

Hi,

I'm about to pull the trigger on a BBSHD and battery to replace my BBS02 100mm conversion on my Fatbike which looks like the attached.

I've exchanged a couple of emails with Louis already and he was very helpful - but rather than spam him and take up his valuable time further, perhaps it would be more constructive to have a thread about this.

I can't decide on whether to go for the 100mm or 120mm BBSHD. My current conversion kit from Cali ebike was great but when I added the Lekki bling ring the offset was enough to bring it into contact with the chainstay. I had to add a spacer between the motor and the chain ring as a result - after an initial controller failure/replacement it's been running perfectly for well over a year and through 2 winter's worth of commuting but now I'm experiencing sudden and random power failures so it's time to change.

I'd prefer the 100mm for a clean install if I could be sure that the motor housing and/or 42T Eclispe chainring wouldn't be an issue with the chainstays but of course, 120mm allows more flexibility in terms of spacers.

So, here are my questions;

1) The 120mm HD, does it look crap on a 100mm BB - are the spacers provided enough to deal with the 120 -> 100mm difference? Are they stainless spaces or do they rust (an issue I had originally with Cali ebike spacers)

2) What are the actual size differences on the motor and gear housing between the HD and BBS02?

Thanks in advance for any and all answers and suggestions.

Cheers,

Ade @ Norway

*Edit: After some reading on Lunacycles I see the spacer kit is aluminium so no rust issues at least - 9mm of spacers. I guess I'd need 2 of these kits to take up all the slack? How about spacers for the triangle bracket bolts? Or is it expected to just use a bunch of washers?

Last edited by Ade; 04-22-2016, 03:08 AM.

Finishing up my fat bike conversion. Walmart fatty with 100mm dropout. 190mm rear dropouts. I ordered extra spacers. They appear to be aluminum. They have spacers for the triangle bracket as well. Got the Bleckie for mine since the eclipse was OOS. Was able to get the exact chain line I wanted using the spacers. I will be getting some black paint for the spacers and it should look fine. You will need the 2 spacer kits and extra 4mm BB spacers. Some people who have kits that fit there BB perfectly have had to get further offset crank arms and/or shave material off the BB to get decent chain line.

Comment

Originally posted by New Mariner View Post
      Finishing up my fat bike conversion. Walmart fatty with 100mm dropout. 190mm rear dropouts. I ordered extra spacers. They appear to be aluminum. They have spacers for the triangle bracket as well. Got the Bleckie for mine since the eclipse was OOS. Was able to get the exact chain line I wanted using the spacers. I will be getting some black paint for the spacers and it should look fine. You will need the 2 spacer kits and extra 4mm BB spacers. Some people who have kits that fit there BB perfectly have had to get further offset crank arms and/or shave material off the BB to get decent chain line.
      Yes, I think I've decided to get the 120mm. Now to choose a 52 or 48volt battery.

Anyone know if the basic 52v charger comes with a dual 110/220v power supply for Europe?

Comment

Get the 52 volt. I think luna can ship you a battery with 110/220. Ask them, and make sure you specify in your order

Comment

i have the 52v GA and it rocks on my fatty

Comment

Hope it rocks my fatty. It all of a sudden got heavy. Front suspension, motor, and battery added over 20 LBS. And it wasn't light to begin with. Put some XT90's on and I will find out.

Comment

Hi not sure if im wrong but i noticed you signed off "ade@norway" if so i to live in norway and im afraid lunacycle cant and wont ship batteries here.
              Last edited by k_oflynn2000; 04-22-2016, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by k_oflynn2000 View Post
                Hi not sure if im wrong but i noticed you signed off "ade@norway" if so i to live in norway and im afraid lunacycle cant and wont ship here.
                Not a problem - I will use a reshipping company called jet carrier that will ship the battery directly to Norway by sea. ;)
                I estimate it will cost around 800kr.

Comment

Have you seen envolt.se? These guys are building nice bikes and costom batteries. I had a quote the other day for a 52v triangle pack with the new sanyo/panasonc GA cells around 17ah for 6500nok i asked for it the same size as the smaller em3ev pack. They are based in stockholm. Think im going to get one in july

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/Elcykelbatt...2230570634510/

Comment

And thats with a 6amp charger to!!!

Comment

Originally posted by k_oflynn2000 View Post
                        Have you seen envolt.se? These guys are building nice bikes and costom batteries. I had a quote the other day for a 52v triangle pack with the new sanyo/panasonc GA cells around 17ah for 6500nok i asked for it the same size as the smaller em3ev pack. They are based in stockholm. Think im going to get one in july
                        No I haven't - sounds promising, I will check them out. Thanks.

I really want the Luna motor, display and chainring though and the price is vey good I think.

Comment

Looks like the envolt guys do a 52v 14ah shark pack for around 5700sek. Are they reliable?

Comment

Im not sure to be honest but their website looks legit. Im going to stockholm in july to see a friend so im going to pop in and test ride their new hub motor bike. And maybe order a battery. They are selling frames made by stealth in australia.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X