No announcement yet.

Fatbike BBS02 100mm conversion to BBSHD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice but I'd never buy one - can you imagine the attention from the police riding that thing around town? I've already been shouted at by a guy who thought I was going too fast @ 30kph on a shared path riding a fairly innocent looking fatbike.

Comment

Yeh, i do all my riding in the forest so its not an issue for me. I never see anybody. My friend is the same tho, he's been stopped by the police in lillestrøm on his haibike and they grilled him about the bike. He wants it to look as much like a normal bike as possible. The last think you want is the local police keeping an eye out for you.

Comment

I've sent envolt an email asking them about the 52v "shark" pack battery they have on their site - pretty good price for a 14ah battery with a 5amp charger in Scandinavia. Their website really needs some work though.

Also just ordered the 120mm BBSHD - all the highend 42T chainrings seem to be out of stock, so I'll have to live with the freebie 42T. Who know, maybe it's good enough not to have to bother getting Lekkie or Eclipse.
        Last edited by Ade; 04-23-2016, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Cool, im interested to hear how it works out. I got the price of the quote they gave me for the triangle pack wrong to, they quoted $750 which is only 6000nok with a 6amp charger. Thats cheap for 17ah!! I think norway and sweden have an agreement where you dont pay import tax to.

Comment

Originally posted by k_oflynn2000 View Post
            Cool, im interested to hear how it works out. I got the price of the quote they gave me for the triangle pack wrong to, they quoted $750 which is only 6000nok with a 6amp charger. Thats cheap for 17ah!! I think norway and sweden have an agreement where you dont pay import tax to.
            Just got a reply.

You can choose cells (Samsung 30Q, Sanyo GA, Samsung 35E) and the shipping to lower Norway will be around 500SEK. I've asked for a price quote for a fully maxed out Shark pack with GA cells.

Looks like a good option for Norway BBSHD customers.
            There's also a guy on Finn.no selling the BBSHD and batteries but AFAIK, it's a basic HD without any fancy options like the new display and he only seems to do 29E cells - probably okay for a BBS02 but not the best for a HD I would have thought. Cost is 16000nok with a 20ah triangle pack (29E cells I think).
            Which is about the same price as my Luna BBSHD (with spacers, 42T chainring, colour screen) and Swedish Shark pack (prob 14aH) with good cells will be after shipping and taxes.

I guess it's a toss up - basic HD with basic battery but locally supplied or better battery and HD add-ons but sourced out of country.

Comment

Well if i get the bbshd i want it programmed like the luna one with full throttle in all pas levels including 0. I also like the way with their program that the pas comes in in stages. Much nicer when you are riding slowly offroad. I would go with the swedish battery. They seem to respond to emails pretty quickly and im sure if there was a problem they would sort it quickly. I have the 29E in my dolphin pack and although its rated at 30amps max i think it would struggle like you say with the bbshd. Another thing to think about is that in a year or two im sure bafang will unleash the full potential of the bbshd so getting a battery now with the most max amp discharge may save some pennies if you want to upgrade. Luna cycle have ran 50a successfully through the bbshd and said it was the perfect motor. Lets hope bafang realise that to.

Comment

Just got the quote back. 52v 14ah shark pack with GA cells, 2amp charger and shipping 550US$. An additional 5amp charger is another 400SEK, so around 5,000NOK delivered. Pretty damn good.

I've put myself down for one - they are waiting on a new shark pack delivery though which is 2 to 3 weeks away.

Comment

Yeh thats a bargain!!! Unfortunately i cant fit a shark pack in my frame. A dolphin pack will go in but i have to remove the holder and just tiewrap the battery to the downtubr which is why ill go for a triangle pack. Im on the verge of getting the bbshd but im waiting for my blown 750 controler to come back from luna. The thing is im happy with the 750 and im worried ill think its not enough power increase. Its a lot of money!!! Have you used your bbshd yet? Is it a huge difference??

Comment

Yeh thats a bargain!!! Unfortunately i cant fit a shark pack in my frame. A dolphin pack will go in but i have to remove the holder and just tiewrap the battery to the downtubr which is why ill go for a triangle pack. Im on the verge of getting the bbshd but im waiting for my blown 750 controler to come back from luna. The thing is im happy with the 750 and im worried ill think its not enough power increase. Its a lot of money!!! Have you used your bbshd yet? Is it a huge difference??
                    My HD is ordered and shipped as of last night so it will be some days before it gets here. I'll probably leave it unmounted until the battery arrives and that's weeks away. I don't expect it to go faster - except uphill - but I expect to notice more torque.

Comment

Any luck with the shark pack from envolt.se???????

Comment

Any luck with the shark pack from envolt.se???????
                        Still waiting for the cases.

Comment

Did you buy a bare shark case? I have one I decided not to use. Replaced it with a Dolphin case.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis Luna View Post
                            Did you buy a bare shark case? I have one I decided not to use. Replaced it with a Dolphin case.
                            No, the battery pack supplier in Sweden is waiting on a new shipment of shark cases. They said a few weeks a week and a half ago. I will give them until the end of the week and if I can't get a firm date I think I will order from lunacycle if what I want is in stock and reship by sea.

Comment

I've been told the Shark cases should be there next week so, hopefully, envolt can start building packs soon after.

For those that missed it - if you're in Scandinavia (Denmark, Norway, Sweden), there's a re-shipping company called JetCarrier.com that does battery shipping by sea from the US to ports in Scandinavia. Estimated shipping time is 21 days and the rates are silly cheap (I used their calculator to get an idea of their prices and a 5kg pack of 50x50x50cm was around 400kr, or $50 US which is the same as the shipping quote as I've got from Sweden from envolt).

My BBSHD has cleared customs in Norway and the import tax bill looks to be about 1,321kr - the BBSHD with some spacer kits and shipping was $901, and I expected something closer to 2,000kr.

So a Luna BBSHD to Norway is 8,700kr delivered then.

In Norway you can get a BBSHD with a 48v 20ah battery on Finn.no for about 16,000kr, so the prices are similar to Luna if you get include a battery from envolt (but you don't get the colour display, spacers, possibilities of gear sensor, etc on Finn which you can at Luna - swings and roundabouts I guess).
                              Last edited by Ade; 05-11-2016, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Im sure luna would put the value of the bbshd as low as you wanted to get the import tax down to a minimal amount making it even cheaper. About the batteries, do you still have to pay luna to ship it to the reshipping company or do they collect it from luna?? Im liking the look of the new smaller GA triangle pack.

Comment

Working...
                                X