X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ncmired
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert62 View Post
    Thank you Sir! Do you know if there is a clutch in the Cyclone drives as well?
    Robert
    I believe it does and is incorporated into the chainring sandwich - and, there's a higher quality "Lunatick" upgrade available - https://lunacycle.com/luna-tick-cran...or-mid-drives/

Leave a comment:

• AZguy
    commented on 's reply
    I've got no personal experience with cyclones but I'm pretty sure they do... there are plenty of cyclone guys around here that can confirm or dispel...

• Robert62
    replied
    Thank you Sir! Do you know if there is a clutch in the Cyclone drives as well?
    Robert

Leave a comment:

• AZguy
    replied
    There is a overrunning clutch between the pedals and the crank and there is another one between the motor and the crank - the pedal is a pawl style and the motor one is a roller style

Leave a comment:

• Robert62
    started a topic Basic Question on Mid-drives

Basic Question on Mid-drives

To date I have only built bikes with hub motors. I have a basic question about the Bafang mid drive. Does the chainring and crank spin all the time the motor is engaged or is there a one way clutch? It seems dangerous to me that the motor would drive the crank arms and pedals all the time? I guess if you only use pedal assist it is not an issue but I want an independent throttle.
    Thanks
    Robert
Working...
X