Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swapping out a BBS01B controller for a BBS02B?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I think it was a one off. And yes I have the cable. Cheers

Comment

Okay Guys I need more help. I have got the USB cable that connects the controller to my PC. The software is loaded.The drivers for the cable are installed. When I connect everything up and run the software. The COM Port box is empty. Why is my computer not seeing my controller?

Comment

Me again sorry. Ok. I have got things connected. Works on my daughter's laptop fine. Could anybody give me advice on the optimal settings for my setup. I have a 36v 13Ah max 500w battery, A BBS01B 36v 250w motor with a BBS02B 48V 750w 25a controller. Bit of a mixed bag I know but it will have to do for now till I get a 48v battery.

Comment

Update..... Went to tweak the settings and could not turn down low battery protection lower than 38v. So as I have a 36v battery I now know that I do need a 48v battery to make it work. So putting the original BBS01B controller on for now until I an get a new 48v battery

Comment

yes m8 wait for your
            48v battery for 750w controller

Comment

here is a good set up guide m8 https://electricbike-blog.com/2015/0...ing-the-bbs02/

Comment

brutus1966, Are you using 36v or 48v battery? What max current (A) set on 750W controller? What actual power (W) at 35mph? Not get too hot to touch, still works fine after month? Thanks.

Comment

Cheers brutus. I have got the 36v battery and the original BBS01b controller on(for now). I seem to have a problem though. When I turn the bike on I seem to get some kind of a surge of power and the motor goes by its self. the bike moves about a foot or so. I stop this by pulling the brake on until I am ready to go. Its just a little niggle but its little things like that that really push my buttons.

Comment

Spongebuddy, I don't know if this helps in your case but from what the helpful brutus1966 gave a link for a set up guide I have found em3ev to be a really good all round set up. The motor stays warm to touch no matter what. I like to ride fast with lots of hills and get around 30 miles distance and have had no issues from this set up (see my above post from last year from what rig I have). From such a small motor at times it feels like I am on a moped.

Comment

All up and running well using the settings from em3ev. Getting no phantom pulling now. Just got 20mph out of it using throttle only. I am happy with that for now. Now coming home from work after standing for 11 or 12 hours is as easy as riding pillion. Thanks guys for all the help and advice.

Comment

Working...
                      X