New BBS controllers PAS/throttle issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New BBS controllers PAS/throttle issues

Reading on Endless sphere, there seem to be issues with the newest iteration of the BBS02 controller software and the way that it manages PAS and throttle settings. Has anyone BTDT with a motor they have bought in the last 9-12 months?

The discussion topic is here:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=93977

This discussion drives towards somewhat of a DIY hack to manipulate the interaction between PAS and throttle. I was looking for alternatives.

Thanks

Best alternative I think is to just disable pas or run it without throttle. While there is possibly some personal reasons not to, it is doable, it is workable, and it prevents any undesired interaction.

​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
      Best alternative I think is to just disable pas or run it without throttle. While there is possibly some personal reasons not to, it is doable, it is workable, and it prevents any undesired interaction.

​​​​​​
      A poor solution in my opinion. Many people want and use PAS with throttle there only for special situations. My "old" BBS02 works properly. Ojala that it doesn't fail and I need to get a replacement. Is this same problem on the BBSHD?

Comment

The short answer we don't know.

I have seen multiple tests taken from recent bafang shipments sent to Luna with a huge improvement in interoperation, but every once in a while we might still see questions, comments or feedback about it.

So then we gotta ask ourselves why that is. Is the feedback related to the 'original' behavior where it would cut for more than a second, is it related to new behavior where any cut is a fraction of a second and basically unnoticeable unless you are looking for it, is the drive from one batch or the other batch or maybe not even bought from Luna, who knows maybe bafang could have even reverted back to the more problematic build design in later production runs. If it's a fraction of a second cut rather than a second I would say the concern is overblown but whether that is the case who knows.

Comment

Have to say, Luna's diversionary position on this is really disappointing. Its a well documented defect with the newer controllers. I just don't understand why Bafang's largest distributor can't communicate with their manufacturer. I sincerely doubt that Bafang is confused.

Comment

As I understand, Bafang isn't good at communicating with anyone. That's why I'm asking around to gather data points from solutions inside and outside of the official channels. Hopefully the growing market for European motors and bikes will pressure Bafang to refine their controllers and maybe even tackle the notion of torque sensing. There are preliminary indications, but for now, they make great, torquey but limited solutions. Not that its a bad thing. There's just room for growth. They're still a great value proposition for a DIYer.

Comment

Working...
            X