Alternate Kill Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternate Kill Switch

Hi, I want to wire in an additional kill switch, similar to what happens when you pull the brake lever. I would use it when shifting or if I want to coast and just pedal for minute without having to constantly adjust the boost level. I was thinking of using a momentary push button. Any suggestions on accomplishing this and where I could wire it into the motor? My motor has 2 wiring harnesses not currently in use. One is a 2 wire flat connector, the other looks to be the same as the brake connection. Not sure what they do, and I can't find information on these in the manual.
    Thanks

Here's an option for BBSxx kits.
    https://em3ev.com/shop/bbs0102hd-pus...-ebike-ebrake/

It plugs into one of the brake cut-off ports, so if you use it, only 1 of your 2 brake levers will have the cut-off active. I'm not sure if you could splice this in parallel with one of the brake cut-off cables so both it and the brake lever cut-off would work at the same time. I'm guessing yes, but having cut-off on one of the two brake handles may be enough. (I have one of these and that's how I do it)..

The other option of course is the gear sensor which cuts the motor briefly when you shift gears.

Comment

Working...
    X