C961 display accuracy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C961 display accuracy?

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but searching the forum I had no luck finding an answer. Just installed BBS02 kit with C961 display. I understand that display won't read battery voltage accurately. All I see is "not accurately" when I do searches. Anyone know how far off it is? Is it off 50% or 10% or something I can use as a general guide? Or can I use it at all? I've ridden about 20 miles and it still shows a full charge. Many thanks!

I have the C961 display + 500W/48V Bafang + 480Wh/48V batterypack.

The display I have will read full charge even if battery is only half charged. I can say that because I use a Watt's Up meter.

Using battery voltage as a charge indicator would require the C961 indicator to be calibrated to your batterypacks fully charged and empty (cut-off) voltage. Mine C961 sure wasn't and I never figured out how to calibrate it. Also, to give a useful indication the battery pack will have to "rest" for a while after use because the battery voltage will drop when the motor draws current from the battery.

A Watt's Up meter gives me a precise reading of what I have used (Watthours). The meter will also give you info about consumption at any moment (Watt) so I really recommend it as it will help you to better understand how to use the motor. One thing I learned was the motor uses less energy on flat roads if I do not pedal at all. That is so because the motors efficency is at it best at a (far) higher cadency than my legs.
    Last edited by HPF; 07-22-2018, 03:57 PM.

Comment

When I first started using my C961 and noticed that it indicated FULL almost until the battery died...I wondered the same. I started hunting the answer and discovered that any voltage meter that reads a lithium battery will read full almost until the end of charge...it is the design of the battery.... SO... for all of us wanting more.... perhaps wanting an accurate indicator of battery condition??? We need another type of metering system that cannot be achieved by the C961.... we need a BATT-MAN or the LUNA Battery WATT Meter. Our C961...is not designed to give the data we most need...battery state data.

Comment

Working...
      X