DPC-18 showing incorrect voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPC-18 showing incorrect voltage

Hi there, I just converted my iZip E3 Dash using a BBSHD mid-drive kit. I have a 17Ah 48V battery and the DPC-18 display. The Display is not showing the correct voltage according to a multimeter test at the battery.

For example yesterday I tested the display in the following way:

Charged overnight, battery voltage according to the DPC-18 in the prior evening had been 54.5v but in the morning read 46v. I then rode 10 miles to work and the voltage was reading at 45.1 at 9AM. atr 10:15 AM it read 49.1v. I didn't charge it at all in that hour. at noon it read 46v and I plugged in the charger. I rode home 10 miles up steep hills and the voltage was 45 on the display when I got home. I checked with a multimeter and the poles on the battery itself were at 50.4.

Something is wonky with my DPC-18 and I'm concerned it's still going to hit the low voltage cutoff when there are still many more volts in the bank. :-(

My DPC-18 is right on with the correct voltage when compared to a volt meter. I always let the battery sit an hour or so and let all the cells stabilize to room temperature after charging or after a ride before I try to measure and compare the voltage.

Comment

Originally posted by randyzon View Post
      My DPC-18 is right on with the correct voltage when compared to a volt meter. I always let the battery sit an hour or so and let all the cells stabilize to room temperature after charging or after a ride before I try to measure and compare the voltage.
      I've checked at all temps and levels of rest as well as immediately after a ride and before. I'm consistently reading erratically and so far never correctly. Maybe my DPC18 is defective?

Comment

I would ask for a warranty replacement.

Comment

Working...
        X