Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Read flash" doesn't work

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    "Read flash" doesn't work

    Hallo,

    When I click on the connect button in the bafang configuring tool, nothing happens. The only thing I can do is connect and disconnect. It finds the COM port, I even tried another usb cable, but the same problem. It seems there is connection, but I can't see how the controller is programmed, or change the settings.
    Can someone here help me?

    Gert

    #2
    Hi Gert;

    To start off, when you write, "It finds the COM port", are you sure it is finding the right COM port?

    On my computer the come port is #6, which only shows when the USB cable is plugged in. By chance, does the number of COM ports available change when you plug the cable in?
    BBSHD/BBS02B builds: IGH 1 2 3 4 5 6

    Comment


      #3
      Some more instruction here...

      http://wiseinnovationtechnologies.co...-bafang-motor/
      See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by ncrkd View Post
        Hi Gert;

        To start off, when you write, "It finds the COM port", are you sure it is finding the right COM port?

        On my computer the come port is #6, which only shows when the USB cable is plugged in. By chance, does the number of COM ports available change when you plug the cable in?
        I'm quite sure it is the right port, with one cable it is COM3, with the other cable it is COM5. But with none of them I can "read flash"

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Tommycat View Post
          Thanx, I already found that link and did everything as it says…
          And I'm sure there is no problem with the cable, cause when I connect it with the display everything works fine. I just want to change the settings.

          Comment


            #6
            You mean it won't "connect", the button under the com port choice drop box? Read flash is something else... what version are you using?
            See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Tommycat View Post
              You mean it won't "connect", the button under the com port choice drop box? Read flash is something else... what version are you using?
              It does connect and disconnect, but when I click connect it doesn't show controller info and I can't click on "read flash" or one of the other buttons. And it's version V2.0 from Penov and I also tried with the version from Lunacycles, it does exactly the same.
              Last edited by Gert; 10-12-2018, 11:46 AM.

              Comment


                #8
                Tips from someone whose been there...

                https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...er-please-help
                See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Tommycat View Post
                  Tips from someone whose been there...

                  https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...er-please-help
                  Thanx man,

                  I think I'll un-install and re-install everything and see if that will solve the problem.

                  Gert

                  Comment


                  • Tommycat
                    Tommycat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Run program as "administrator". Try using a Com port 1-4.

                    Store bought or home made programming cable?

                  #10
                  I hate to ask the obvious but you did make sure to power the controller (i.e. plug in the battery)?

                  Comment


                    #11
                    Both cables are store bought, so they should be fine.
                    Yes, battery was connected and on.

                    Comment


                      #12
                      Here is another tutorial.... :-0

                      http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...shd-mid-drives

                      With your programming cable connected to the controller but not to the computer, and the controller powered. Will your motor work with the throttle, or by turning the crank a bit? (expect the motor to turn as it should!)

                      The author of this thread has you unplugging the display and plugging in the programming cable with the battery power ON. This seems odd and a bit risky to me. But perhaps needed?

                      Have you successfully used ether programming cable to connect with a Bafang controller? It may be time to check the wiring of them...

                      See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

                      Comment


                        #13
                        Originally posted by Tommycat View Post
                        Here is another tutorial.... :-0

                        http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...shd-mid-drives

                        With your programming cable connected to the controller but not to the computer, and the controller powered. Will your motor work with the throttle, or by turning the crank a bit? (expect the motor to turn as it should!)

                        The author of this thread has you unplugging the display and plugging in the programming cable with the battery power ON. This seems odd and a bit risky to me. But perhaps needed?

                        Have you successfully used ether programming cable to connect with a Bafang controller? It may be time to check the wiring of them...
                        With one cable the motor works, with the other he doesn't.
                        I tried plugging in and unplugging in all possible ways, always the same result. When I unplug the usb after I click the connect button, there is even a pop up "can't connect with the controller"

                        I even tried a second computer, still the same: all button stay grey.

                        Now I orderd even another programming cable, after that I think I run out of options...

                        Could it be that there are controllers sold that can't be reprogrammed?

                        Comment


                        • Gert
                          Gert commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It is a 750 bbs02b controller. Who has only 3 cables( no light and gear sensor cable) comming out of the controller.

                        • Tommycat
                          Tommycat commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sure sounds like it should programmable according to the documentation...

                          Try communication with all un-needed cables dis-connected... PAS, brakes, throttle ETC.

                          This is a fully functioning and operational unit... as in no known problems?

                        • Gert
                          Gert commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Indeed fully operational, tomorrow I'll give it a try with all unneeded cables disconnected...

                        #14
                        After you verify you have a programmable one, if you feel like checking your existing good cable wiring... see this link for pin-outs and wiring connections.

                        http://fasterbikes.eu/en/matching-wi...ing-wires.html
                        See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

                        Comment


                          #15
                          New programming cable arrived and everything works fine now. Apparently my 2 other cables didn't work properly. My new cable also has a light the lights up when connected, me previous cable didn't have that.
                          Thanx for all the info Tommycat.
                          Now it's time again to enjoy my bbs02 (with my prefered programmation)!

                          Gert

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X