X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pspeha
    replied
    Originally posted by pspeha View Post
    I have a cable that was working fine, but now it's stuck with the greyed out read/write situation. I cut the black shrink-wrap back and now see the lights. There is a steady red light (guessing power) and one blue blinking light after selecting connect. Can anyone confirm if that sounds appropriate? I think I read somewhere there should be a third light (send and receive?). Should the blue light be blinking or steady?

Thanks!
    I bought a new cable and I am back in business. Not sure how the first one got fried. I used it successfully a few times before it quit on me.

Leave a comment:

• pspeha
    replied
    I have a cable that was working fine, but now it's stuck with the greyed out read/write situation. I cut the black shrink-wrap back and now see the lights. There is a steady red light (guessing power) and one blue blinking light after selecting connect. Can anyone confirm if that sounds appropriate? I think I read somewhere there should be a third light (send and receive?). Should the blue light be blinking or steady?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Defjr333
    replied
    my buddy has a BBS02 with the same problem(he didnt use Luna....). His will connect to laptop but not allow read or write. I even tried my program cable which works for my BBSHD and it does the same. Connects, but cant read/write. He ordered a new controller from luna(as his wont allow for 48v just 36v with current controller)
    Doug

Leave a comment:

• Tommycat
    replied
    Great news Gert! Glad to hear you tracked it down to having bad cables. What are the odds? Have fun programming! (stay within safe parameters ;-) )

Did you ever do an autopsy on one of your defective cables to see what the issue was? Bad converter, wrong or 3.3 volt type, no power wire jumper, or bad and/or miswired wiring? May help to troubleshoot for others...

Anyway thanks for checking in, nice to have a good outcome.

Leave a comment:

• Gert
    replied
    New programming cable arrived and everything works fine now. Apparently my 2 other cables didn't work properly. My new cable also has a light the lights up when connected, me previous cable didn't have that.
    Thanx for all the info Tommycat.
    Now it's time again to enjoy my bbs02 (with my prefered programmation)!

Gert

Leave a comment:

• Gert
    commented on 's reply
    Indeed fully operational, tomorrow I'll give it a try with all unneeded cables disconnected...

• Tommycat
    commented on 's reply
    Sure sounds like it should programmable according to the documentation...

Try communication with all un-needed cables dis-connected... PAS, brakes, throttle ETC.

This is a fully functioning and operational unit... as in no known problems?

• Gert
    commented on 's reply
    It is a 750 bbs02b controller. Who has only 3 cables( no light and gear sensor cable) comming out of the controller.

• Tommycat
    commented on 's reply
    Lol, actually I was asking about the controller/motor model... So your cable should be good to go as I made my reply below just before your last comment.

• Gert
    commented on 's reply
    This is the one the motor works with: https://fasterbikes.eu/en/matching-w...ing-wires.html

• Tommycat
    replied
    After you verify you have a programmable one, if you feel like checking your existing good cable wiring... see this link for pin-outs and wiring connections.

http://fasterbikes.eu/en/matching-wi...ing-wires.html

Leave a comment:

• Tommycat
    commented on 's reply
    Which one is it that you have exactly?

Stick with the cable that allows the motor to run as this is correct.

• Gert
    replied
    Originally posted by Tommycat View Post
    Here is another tutorial.... :-0

http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...shd-mid-drives

With your programming cable connected to the controller but not to the computer, and the controller powered. Will your motor work with the throttle, or by turning the crank a bit? (expect the motor to turn as it should!)

The author of this thread has you unplugging the display and plugging in the programming cable with the battery power ON. This seems odd and a bit risky to me. But perhaps needed?

Have you successfully used ether programming cable to connect with a Bafang controller? It may be time to check the wiring of them...
    With one cable the motor works, with the other he doesn't.
    I tried plugging in and unplugging in all possible ways, always the same result. When I unplug the usb after I click the connect button, there is even a pop up "can't connect with the controller"

I even tried a second computer, still the same: all button stay grey.

Now I orderd even another programming cable, after that I think I run out of options...

Could it be that there are controllers sold that can't be reprogrammed?

Leave a comment:

• Tommycat
    replied
    Here is another tutorial.... :-0

http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...shd-mid-drives

With your programming cable connected to the controller but not to the computer, and the controller powered. Will your motor work with the throttle, or by turning the crank a bit? (expect the motor to turn as it should!)

The author of this thread has you unplugging the display and plugging in the programming cable with the battery power ON. This seems odd and a bit risky to me. But perhaps needed?

Have you successfully used ether programming cable to connect with a Bafang controller? It may be time to check the wiring of them...

Leave a comment:

• Gert
    replied
    Both cables are store bought, so they should be fine.
    Yes, battery was connected and on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X