X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• misko903
    replied
    Hello guys.
    My brother came from the bike trip and when I want to start my bike again, I can't.
    i ja s realised, that the circuit breaker installed between batteries and engine is keeping disconnected.
    1. Batteries are ok, tested with voltmeter.
    2. 2.Testing the controllerthrough power connector showed, that the + and - are shorted. I have dismantled the controller, tested it again, definitely, shorted. For me it means controller is dead.

Now the question:
    Is it possible that the rotor/stator parts are broken too?
    How can I test the rotor + stator? 3 strong power wires on stator/rotor are shortened too. Is it ok?

I am afraid when the rotor is fried and I will replace only controller, I will fry the new controller again.

Thanks!
    Michal

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    replied
    Gasket maker is fine. There are also gasket kits you can find on eBay that you simply cut out whatever shape you want the gasket to be. If done properly either should work.

Leave a comment:

• Retrorockit
    replied
    I see the cover gasket isn't available at the moment. Have there been any issues with using silicone gasket maker there? Does it cause any thrust bearing or clearance issues?

Leave a comment:

• Paulchef
    replied
    Ok, thanks Paxtana

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    The shaft is one solid piece, as is the 100mm spindle inside that shaft.

• Paulchef
    replied

Hi everyone, I have a bbshd 100mm, bought to try and convert my Cube needed 100mm to clear my chainstay but the chain line is horrific. I’m now looking for another frame to use for my conversion. My question is can the 100mm shaft be swapped for a 68mm shaft if needed? And is it a relatively simple job
    thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• Sebz
    commented on 's reply
    Also sounds like a free-hub skipping... happens when pawls are worn out.

• zmarkjam
    commented on 's reply
    Hi farzad123, from the video, both visually and audibly the clunking noise seems to be coming from the chain skipping on the small cog on your rear cassette. Does this happen when the chain is running on the middle gears? The motor sounds healthy and happy.

• farzad123
    replied
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MYNJJWEo5w I recently bought a BBSHD motor, I installed it couple of weeks ago.
    For apparent reason whenever I pedal or throttle the motor makes a clicking
    sound, and I tried pedaling with motor turned off. However it didn't make
    any clicking noise.
    Last edited by farzad123; 09-12-2018, 01:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JPLabs
    commented on 's reply
    Good, glad to hear it! I wish it had been an easier chore for you. Happy Riding.

• jeffeby
    commented on 's reply
    The new motor in and it is back to running like when the original was first installed. Big shout out to everybody for all your help and support, especially JPLabs. Hoping that the new motor will last more than 50 miles this time. The old one is sitting on my bench waiting for me to find the time for a thorough postmortem. Will update if I can ever isolate the issue.

• commuter ebikes
    commented on 's reply
    If you have spare controllers known to work, keeping those as spares for later down the road will have great value. You could also sell them on eBay; somebody would be very excited to buy a functional controller.

• JPLabs
    replied
    OK , fair enough.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• jeffeby
    commented on 's reply
    Since I had already removed the motor/controller and hooked up to a working harness/display and battery on a different bike before ordering a new controller, I hardly think that I haven't been thorough. Sorry you thought I was being rude. I thought I was just being critical. There is no shame in being wrong and I am not blaming you for my predicament.
    Last edited by jeffeby; 07-18-2018, 01:38 PM.

• JPLabs
    commented on 's reply
    Jeffby, did you check the wiring harness?

$100 for a controller is not burning your money. If you can't or don't care to diagnose exact failures, spare parts are worth their value, for sure. If you think it's worthless, I'll happily take it off your hands for shipping costs.

The only thing left isn't the motor, unless you left a lot out of your story. You think examining all the connections means your harness is proven fine, for example.

Sure, OK, you got this. Might as well get rude to those trying to help you now, I'm sure you can handle it alone from here out.

It's rude to beat up on Luna for trying to help you, and to blame anybody but yourself for not finding the problem, at this point.
    Last edited by JPLabs; 07-18-2018, 09:45 AM.
Working...
X