Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    All the vids are on this link https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...e-and-greasing

• Bertil
    replied
    Do you have a link for your video? I watched one by fuzzyfriendly....something.

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    replied
    No it's fine to add more grease and mix it in.
    I made a youtube video on doing this, not sure if you happened to see it. In the video I just smeared more right on top of the existing grease. There's other videos showing same. No problems reported.

Leave a comment:

• Bertil
    replied
    Yes, I have a BSSHD, not yet installed. Seems to me as a lot of people add Mobil 28 aircraft grease. I guess there already is some grease in there so I wonder if there could be a problem adding another sort of grease to mix with what's already there? I imagine it would be tricky to get all original grease out of there?
    ​​
    ​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    You mean on bbshd? Clutch is hard to get to on bbs02 (one of the reasons why HD is a big improvement) but sure, adding a bit of grease to an hd doesn't hurt and is easy, so why not? Just make sure to watch the videos on how it goes back together!

• Bertil
    replied
    I am on my way to complete the stup of my first electric bike. Next week I hope.... Any way, I have read a lot of people add some grease on the chansade (where the clutch is), preferably mobil28 so I bought some of that stuff. Should I add that grease now before testning or should I wait? Any rekommendation?

Leave a comment:

• Leur2017
    replied
    Hi, after running 1200KM for my bbshd using mighty mini 30t crank. The motor suddenly stop working. The display doesnt show any error code. When you turn on the display, you know something was initializing, due to battery indicator until its display the battery bar indicator.

I've tried using the throttle switch, it will spin a few and the crank stop spinning. On the display, the battery indicator will start blinking without any bar indicator. I left it on power on until it shutoffs when there no activity on the motor. I tried to reseat the connector of the controller by opening the PAS controller area. Still nothing.

it only happens today after i mount the battery after charging. It works before i remove the battery.

Does someone encounter this problem?

Leave a comment:

• Mattias
    replied
    I have used my bike with BBS02 48V 500W 8fun motor for approximateley 400km, it have been working fine until today. now it seams to cut PAS for short periods (0.5-1 sec) at random.
    It seams like the motor thinks im stop pedaling or something? Anyone that can suggest what the problem can be coused from?

Leave a comment:

• TE_lunaalite
    commented on 's reply
    I seem to have the same issue. How was your's resolved? Thanks!

• JPLabs
    replied
    Originally posted by j0hnj0hns View Post
    My BBSHD/Fatbike commuter has been going pretty good but I've noticed when I reach a high speed using PA2 (for example) the motor seems to resist and slow the bike down. If I quickly bump up the PA level then the motor stops resisting and I can pedal faster. Is this normal?
    Yes, there is a programmed speed limit for each PAS level. It affects cadence, and road speed. Go too high on either one, and it backs off, as you observed.

Higher gears tend to go a little faster road speed for any PAS level, to a point.
    • Lowest gears: max programmed cadence tends to limit speed.
    • In higher gears, the mph limit will kick in first.

Last edited by JPLabs; 02-01-2017, 07:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• j0hnj0hns
    replied
    My BBSHD/Fatbike commuter has been going pretty good but I've noticed when I reach a high speed using PA2 (for example) the motor seems to resist and slow the bike down. If I quickly bump up the PA level then the motor stops resisting and I can pedal faster. Is this normal?

Leave a comment:

• reno464
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry I meant that I had done only 14 miles on the new ebike as a whole. Tried My 48V 12.5ah battery on ride home last night and I figured a 5 mile ride would be a good time to hammer the throttle for a long test and I had no problems taking the 4 year old EGO pack to 30 amps for 30 second intervals five times. About 2.5 mile into my five mile trip I remembered that I charged the mini to 80% trying to conserve life. When I arrived home I discharged my pack, recharged it back to 100% and took out for spin. Problem reappeared about 1 mile into hard riding. Ticked off I spun rear wheel out of frustration to find that I had only 2 revolutions and the rear disk was dragging HARD! AH HA moment had finally arrived. Fixed caliper and now I can take off with no problems from unit. Mini Cube was only meant to be a temporary pack to get back and forth from work and I believe it can still do the job now.

• Rodney64
    replied
    How many miles had the pack done when this happened? What was you voltage showing on the display? Sound to me that its sag and cutting the BMS. This will happen with the mini when its close to 50 volts showing on the colour display.

14 miles on a mini and then applying full throttle will cause this pack to sag and possible trip the BMS. Just remember the packs only a 2P configuration. I wouldn't be using full throttle on this pack with GA cells.

Leave a comment:

• reno464
    replied
    I have just finished 90% of my installation on my newly purchased BBSHD and mini cube GA unto my Bike and I am experiencing motor shut down when applying max throttle. This didn't happen for the first 14 miles on the ODO, but happened on my first test ride back from work. I put a full charge back on the battery and as soon as I hit the throttle coming out of the drive way it happened again. Motor turns on/off over and over again. If I apply half throttle and only go up to 20a as indicated by DCP-14 it does great, but above that it is a no go.

Is this a throttle issue? I'm taking a 12.5ah 48v pack home from work tonight to see if maybe there is something wrong with my new battery.

Leave a comment:

• Sebz
    commented on 's reply
    Comand as contacted Luna, we will take care of him in finding out what the issue is!

We like clients that are not too scared to get their fingers dirty!

There are many teardown videos like this one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L69wDydc6V0
Working...
X