BBS02 error 30. Controller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBS02 error 30. Controller?

Well my buddy screwed up something on his ride. He bought a BBS02 kit from ali and it had a controller that would not allow 48v only 36v. So I told him to order a controller for it from Luna. He ordered it and it came in quickly. Swapping them out was a breeze. After 2 weeks using the new controller with his 48V pack, he told me it died and has error 30 on the screen. Screen was on, but no throttle or pas. So I look online for culprits and go over to help. We swapped out his and my display. No difference. Checked all connections. Nothing. So we put the old controller back on and the old 36v pack and everything works fine. So, he is mobile again, but really wants the additional speed and torque the extra voltage allowed. So, any ideas whats wrong with this controller? I have it depoted and removed from casing. I do not see any obvious damage as I was hoping.
    I have read this problem cant be the FETs as they are not near the communications portion of the board. And I rather not replace all 9 as that would be $45 in parts and not solve the issue. Any recommendations on what to check next?

I had an error 30 lately on a BBSHD and the connections and wires seemed fine. It was a faulty controller since the new one solved the problem.

Comment

Working...
    X