Lamp problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lamp problem

i have a problem with the built-in lamp connector in my bbs02. When I mounted the lamp I happened to short-circuit the cord towards the bike, it was a "poff" and a flash. after that the lamp does not work anymore. I have tried measuring on the cable and getting only 2V. Can this be fixed or should I just get an ordinary battery light instead?

It sounds like you fried the DC converter for the light, to me, but make sure your wiring is solid before concluding that.

I don't have that feature, so I don't know what component to replace, but yes, replacing either the controller or display, whichever contains the light driver, should fix it.
    Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

I was afraid that's the only solution.
      I think that's too much money for a working lamp.

Comment

You can get a DC Buck converter to turn battery voltage into 5V, 12V, or whatever you need, for 10-20 bucks. Or you can get a light which will run on battery voltage for the same cost. So, you still have options without having to resort to separate batteries.
        Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

Working...
        X