PAS ring or controller?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAS ring or controller?

So my BBS02B 48v/750w has stopped working in PAS mode. I can stil use trottle and «walk» mode, but no PAS. I have checked the connector from the PAS module.

So is this the controller starting to die or is it sometjing with the PAS ring?

Have you put a voltmeter on the pedal sense signal (gray wire on BBSHD) and turn the pedals to see it switch high/low?

Comment

No, i have not but will do now that i am aware of it!
      What am i looking for? And the grey wire from the pas unit in the motor that connects to the controller?

Comment

It's the gray wire in the BBSHD on the four pin connector

You'll need to have it plugged in of course and stick something into the wire - maybe at the back of a connector

I was measuring other things while integrating my little PAS/throttle fix board and measured this since it passed through the board and the board's purpose is to interrupt it... my recollection is that it goes from roughly 0V to 5V a few times during each revolution - it was very obvious though

Comment

In my case, I found that the PAS grey wire was cut near the PAS PCB by the motor casting. I found no +5 coming out from the PAS grey wire. So to sum up my experience, I had an error 30 that led to a new controller from Luna. After installing new controller everything worked except PAS. Luna said it may be the PAS magnet disc. Took it apart and the disc was intact. The magnets were still in the disc and it rotated fine. Next culprit was the PAS sensor. No +5 on grey wire. Took it out and benched it with a 5 volts regulator and passed a magnet above the board...nada.

Comment

Working...
          X