Install spacers and helpers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install spacers and helpers?

Does anyone know what the difference is between the "Luna Install Helper- Spacer and adapter kit" ($10 option with the BBSHD Kit), and the "
    Luna's exclusive free spacer kit for easier installation" that is included with the BBSHD kit?

Welcome to the forum! The Luna Install Helper kit has more BB spacers, a chainring spacer, some washers, and two really long bolts (that are for what I don't know):
    Click image for larger version  Name:	120MM_INTALL_HELPERS_4__33781.1544063550.jpg Views:	1 Size:	98.1 KB ID:	82909

Do you need this additional kit? Can't advise without knowing more details about your build specifics. For example, 700C tire builds may not need any BB spacers/spacing, while fattish tire builds might need a TON - so much that other spacing methods need to be used.
    Last edited by ncrkd; 02-17-2019, 11:08 AM.
    2nd build, 2018 Crust Scapegoat, BBS02 or BBSHD, Rohloff IGH
    3rd build, 2018 Crust Evasion step-thru, BBS02, Shimano Nexus INTER-3 IGH
    4th build, 2016 Salsa Marrakesh flatbar frameset, BBSHD, Alfine 8 IGH

Visit the forum knowledge base

Comment

I think the spacer thing unless you get lucky is gonna be determined after you put the bbshd in and look at it. I saw a lot of people saying they used the 100mm bbshd on builds using the same bike as mine. There has got to be quite a bit of variance between model years because I need the 120 bbshd and right now am very glad i ordered the 120. If i had the 100 my motor would be shimmed to one side to clear my chain stay and the pedal would hit the other chain stay on the non drive side. with the 120 it centered the pedals almost perfectly and gave good clearance all round. However I do have to have two 10mm spacers made up. Reading up on spacers it seems to be a very good idea to use one solid spacer if possible instead of several smaller ones to minimize possible motor position slippage...I got conveniently lucky on that as well I posted an ISO on my Facebook this morning and my neighbor not more than a mile down the road (I live rurally this is not that far) said he could make them for me. He's a retired machinist, how lucky could someone get on that. While I can see how the spacer kit may be useful in some installs. It was completely useless to me other than being able to provide the internal diameter of the spacer I need to my neighbor.

Comment

Working...
      X