Crank arms with offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crank arms with offset

I'm putting a BBS02B on a 27.5 Plus bike (2.8" tyres) and I don't think the standard cranks are going to give enough clearance from the chainstay..the right might be ok but I doubt the left will be. Are there any after market crank arms that have an offset to get around this problem?

The expensive, but elegant solution is the Lekkie buzz bar, available offset/straight, black/silver and 160/170mm:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	offset_crank_2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	422.2 KB ID:	83654

There are also somewhat hard to find spindle extenders:

Click image for larger version  Name:	pedals-alignment-bafang.jpg Views:	1 Size:	37.3 KB ID:	83655

BBSHD/BBS02B builds: IGH 1 2 3 4 5 6

Comment

Thanks for that info...much appreciated. I did a bit of searching after my post and found the following which looks to be a relatively cheap solution... probably not as god as the Lekkie but should do as this bike is for more gentle trail riding.
      Cheap lever, Buy Directly from China Suppliers:BAFANG BBS BBSHD BUZZ BARS 18MM OFFSET 175mm crank arm bell crank lever Enjoy ✓Free Shipping Worldwide! ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Easy Return.

Comment

That's good! Here's another source, in case that one doesn't work out.

Comment

Does that mean it won't fit, or isn't as good?? There seems to be some satisfied feedback. Confused!

Comment

It does come as a pair as I understand it... a left and right. Is that what you meant.... can't mix a diamond and square??

Comment

Sorry about that - I deleted my post, thinking that you only needed the left side and that the Aliexpress one was "square" - the first image that comes up in that ad is for a "square" 175mm crank arm. As you can imagine, a square crank arm can't be used with a diamond crank arm on the other side.

Then I saw that they also offered a 170mm diamond ... oops.
              Last edited by ncmired; 03-08-2019, 01:44 PM.

Comment

No worries. I had already ordered the 175mm offset pair and then panicked when I saw your first post :) I did also think that it was just one crank arm at first but then every photo has a pair. I think their use of $x /piece is a little confusing... should be /pair or /set ... but I think that is just the generic term that's used on the site. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                X