Luna programming settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luna programming settings?

I'm not sure that my controller was re-programmed - at least I do not have a 30A limit that I thought the BSSHD was supposed to have - mine is limited to 25A, which I think is Bafang stock (??). Is it supposed to be 30A?
    I'm finding that I can't get over-run the motor no matter how fast I pedal - I've probably hit 150-160RPM, but the motor is still pulling current, even in PAS1 - it seems to pull even more power when I pedal faster, oddly enough. I thought that the PAS assist provided power under a specified RPM, set to a percentage of max, which I was told was ~170-180RPM. My typical cadence is 80-90, but if I try to ride in a low gear, the motor overdrives my pedaling and I can't keep tension on the pedals. I'm finding that I can't ride in low gears unless going up a steep hill - I have to go about 18-20MPH on the flat, since the motor always is always pushing ~500W (7.5A-10A) no matter what I do.
    In any case, I either don't understand how the PAS works, or the cadence target settings are WAY too high. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by JayC; 06-11-2016, 12:47 PM.

My Luna HD also seems to be 25a limited. I asked the question in another thread whether they used the buggy software with the hard coded 25a limit when they programmed the controller - no answer as yet, but perhaps it's just stock.

Comment

On the control panel set it up so you can see the wattage it is using. I have an HD and it shows I max at 30 watts. What chainring size are you using?
      Bill

Comment

yeah the controllers setting should be at 30 amps with the Luna Settings.

Do you hava programming cable? Did you get into the controller program and see that you are limited to 25 amps?

Do you have t full hrottle in all PAS levels?

ERIC

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Luna View Post

Do you guys hava programming cable? Did you get into the controller program and see that you are limited to 25 amps?

ERIC
          No Eric, I don't have a cable - I'm thinking of getting one though.

I'll check the throttle in PAS 0 later.

Comment

Do you hava programming cable? Did you get into the controller program and see that you are limited to 25 amps?

ERIC
            I have a programming cable, but don't have any software to use it and don't know how to find it. I have the color controller and have it displaying current - I believe I have full throttle (25A) in all PAS settings, at least 1-3, which is all I've used since I installed the throttle (just yesterday - thanks for shipping it out expedited, Eric!). I would like to be able to push cadence past the motor and have assist reduce to zero, just so I can ride slowly instead of being forced to dissipate 1/2HP at 18MPH. I do want that extra 5A - the motor can certainly use it.

I read the 'Hackers guide' article and it appears that the ramp down setting is what is inadequate. In at least the lowest PAS settings, it would be beneficial for the power to ramp down to close to nothing past the set cadence, so one can plonk around in 1st gear and pedal normally without chasing the motor and it's 1/2-3/4HP, but still have full assist for hills and acceleration. Still need programming software, of course, but I have yet to find whatever one is supposed to use.

Comment

JayC, see this post for updated software; http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...=4771#post4771

Comment

ERIC
                Eric, I have throttle control in PAS 0 which I guess means you guys have programmed it. Which perhaps indicates that you've used the software with the hard coded 25A limit when doing so. Bit of a pita really as I don't have a programming cable and you are out of stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Ade View Post
                  JayC, see this post for updated software; http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...=4771#post4771
                  I checked it out - haven't been able to run the software - might be beyond my capabilities. Also, my firewall/virus detection bounced the USB driver, so there might be something insidious inside.
                  Edit: Yup - something is definitely insidious inside of the "Bafang USB driver" - don't open it.

Comment

Originally posted by JayC View Post

I checked it out - haven't been able to run the software - might be beyond my capabilities. Also, my firewall/virus detection bounced the USB driver, so there might be something insidious inside.
                    Edit: Yup - something is definitely insidious inside of the "Bafang USB driver" - don't open it.
                    That's a pity - I haven't got it yet but I will download it at work tomorrow and see what the scanner there says.

Comment

Originally posted by JayC View Post

No there isn't something hidden but there are alternatives posted here. If you use the right drivers there should be no problem. But you are right programming isn't for everyone. A few have done more harm then good by thinking themselves smarter than engineers.

Comment

http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...ative-untested

Comment

Now well tested, btw.

Comment

is there a way to password lock the bike with bbshd? as in no one can start the motor without entering passcode?

Comment

• Ade
                              Ade commented
                              Editing a comment
                              The DPC14 colour display lets you set a password.
                              Manual is here; http://electricbike.com/manuals/dpc14.pdf
                              Section 8.8 shows how to set it.

• pcliteuser
                              pcliteuser commented
                              Editing a comment
                              ye tried that but you can still use the bike even on password screen and i think its on PA1

Seriously? Lol
                            I haven't tried it but I assumed it would do as it says. I guess that's another bug then.

Comment

Working...
                            X