Bbshd rough at top end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bbshd rough at top end

Bike is Ann anthem bbshd with a 52t lekkie chainring. When I push (pedal) hard and get up over 32 mph or so. I feel roughness and resistance. I know that the motors max out in terms of wattage, but if I'm on a downhill run I feel like I'm hitting a governor that limits my top end. Am I a candidate for the wheelsize mph/kph swap? My total riding weight with bike is 190 lbs so I'm not going to tax this bike up the relatively nominal hills on my commute in northern Virginia.

Thanks,

Marc

Battery voltage will limit the top speed of the motor

Any idea how fast the crank is turning when you max out?

Does it do the same thing at a lower speed if you max it out in a low gear?

I've got crank speed sensor - the max I've ever hit with a fresh 52V battery in low gear (light load) is 180RPM and the more typical max under load (due to lower battery voltage) is 150-160RPM

Comment

I don't have a cadence sensor, but can't imagine I'm getting much past 120-130 based on past cycling experience.

I'll play with lower gears. Generally the lower pas levels (I run 9) feel like they are fairly speed restrictive. I tend to run at 5+ just to get past the governor effect.

Now later when I get home to test.

Comment

If you have a luna bbshd or another that will accept changing the controller parameters then I would suggest getting a programming cable if you don't already have one - this allows you to set where the PAS levels will limit... e.g., mine has no limits on pedal RPM in any PAS level and is solely limited by battery voltage.... having said that most of the stock controller settings I've seen don't limit it in PAS 9 but do limit t in the rest...

Comment

I'll look into that. The roughness feels like it is at 110-120 rpms. I feel like im hitting speed limit cutouts in lower pas levels. Time to get a programming cable and look into details.

Comment

What kind of display are you using?

Comment

Sorry, been busy at work. I have a 965 3 button

Comment

Working...
              X