Luna Eclipse on BBSHD chain skipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luna Eclipse on BBSHD chain skipping

Hello, I converted a fat bike to a BBSHD awhile back and used the stock chainring for awhile and decided to go with the Luna Eclipse and a new chain that is a longer since the stock chain was rather short and had the derailler pulled way forward on the bottom but it worked anyway. I installed the Eclipse 42T and the new shimano ebike chain designed for an speed cassette which was a more proper length. I got some chain skip from the get go and it destroyed my derailler and snapped the chain masterlink off. I got fed up and took it to the bike shop and the guy is ordering another X9 derailler and trying again with it. Cam anyone tell me what happened? I can't figure this and I worry the guy will install a new one just to destroy it as well. I wonder if maybe there could be a flaw in the 42T sprocket causing this.

Originally posted by Cody01 View Post
    the stock chain was rather short and had the derailler pulled way forward on the bottom but it worked anyway.
    The clue is right there, when pulled forward more of the chain was engaging on the cassette teeth hence no skip under power, critical when on the small ring.
    Get a derailleur that engages the chain on more teeth when it selects your 11t rear cog.

Comment

My cassette is only a 10 but with the ebike front chainrings it pulled so much chain forward I read that you should switch to a 11T?

Comment

The right length chain WILL have your derailleur pulled way forward! You use just one more link than 'too short', for max wrap and tension to minimize chain skip.

Sounds like your chain is just too long, now, to me.
        Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

Working...
        X