Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opensource firmware for the BBS02, BBSHD - looking for developers/collaborators.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opensource firmware for the BBS02, BBSHD - looking for developers/collaborators.

Hi ya'll,

So I've been helping out a little on a popular open-source project for the TSDZ2 motors and associated displays (KT-LCD3, 850C and SW102 currently supported). The lead developer of that project just started looking into porting his motor controller to the BBS family of motors. He is looking for interested software developers (or users) to join the effort. I just googled and it seems that this forum seems like the right crowd to be interested in this project and we'd love any help. More info here: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/vi...?f=28&t=102148

Nice to hear!

Subscribing to follow and learn, but I'm a user only, no programming skills. Just tuning. Could help develop cals for Ludicrous or regular BBSHD, I guess, as I have that hardware on my bikes, but that's not a difficult resource to find, I know.
    Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

I can't help but ponder, if Bafang would just further refine the BBS platform they could wipe out interest in the TSDZ2 motor. Refinements being (my favorites, anyway):
      1. Torque sensing
      2. Another stage of motor speed reduction to reduce pedal cadence
      3. Improve the chain line (part of above)
      4. Temperature management
      5. Support of past-48 volts
      I'm probably all wrong / not enough market / market trending away, etc.
      Last edited by ncrkd; 09-01-2019, 01:22 PM.
      2nd build, 2018 Crust Scapegoat, BBS02 or BBSHD, Rohloff IGH
      3rd build, 2018 Crust Evasion step-thru, BBS02, Shimano Nexus INTER-3 IGH
      4th build, 2016 Salsa Marrakesh flatbar frameset, BBSHD, Alfine 8 IGH
      Other, Electronic throttle lock

Visit the forum knowledge base

Comment

Working...
      X