BBS02 PAS runs 1-2 seconds, then cuts out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBS02 PAS runs 1-2 seconds, then cuts out

Hi All (first post) - Just bought a BBS02 with a 52 volt battery. Installed everything. Took it for a test ride. Here's the problem - when I use PAS I can feel the motor accelerating but in around 1-2 seconds the motor cuts out, leaving me to pedal without power. I put it on a bike stand and rotated the crank. As soon as the sensor passes the magnet, the motor starts, the wheel rotates under power, but the power cuts out in around 1-2 seconds. If I stop pedaling and then start again, once again I will get another 1-2 second burst from the moter before it cuts out. Is this normal? I was expecting continuous power while I pedaled. How can I fix this? (Will I need to order a power cable?) - Thanks - Gary
    Last edited by gasmiley; 06-07-2020, 11:35 AM.

Hi gasmiley - did you ever find out what was causing this? I just put on a BBS02 on a trike and the exact same thing is happening. My throttle activates motor for 1 second then stops. pedal assist does the same thing. no variation based on changes on my display and no error codes on the display.

Comment

My BBS02 does the same if it lost the speed sensor signal. Discovered that when the magnet turned slightly on a spoke and sensor stoped to sens it.

Comment

Working...
      X