Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBS01B PAS problem - max 5 amp

hey guys,
    After over 6000 km on the bike (often in rain) , the PAS started to work wierd. Last time I biked, it was a rain shower. 2 days later the PAS will only work for a second and the stop for 2 seconds. Then again and again. The display shows that the power doesn't go over 5 amps. If I use throttle, there is no problem, power goes up to 15 amps. I have tried another battery. Checked all cables, disconnected brake sensors, speed sensor (checked the sensor as well). The problem is the same with another battery. I changed the connector to the battery (just to be sure). The display (DPC-18) does't show any other error, than error 21 after i disconnected the speed sensor. The bikes stayed 2 days in a warm room to dry out. What am I missing?
    Any ideas?
    Many thanks in advance!

If it was the speed sensor I would think you would notice the speedometer not responding correctly. With all the rain exposure you have to wonder if maybe the sensor got wet and has some corrosion on it? From the photos I have seen of the 02 it doesn't look especially well sealed so I wonder if maybe the 01 was even less sealed? I'm not even sure what is different between the 01 and 02 but I would think the sensor has to more or less be in the same place on 01,02, and HD. With those kind of miles yours would likely benefit from a re grease anyway so you could inspect it to hopefully figure out the PAS issue and get it cleaned and lubed at the same time.

Comment

sounds like a good idea. Tried to avoid opening the motor, but I guess I have to. Grease is good for these animals. Thanks!

Comment

So I openned up the motor. No water at all - grease all over (coz I put it myself when i bought the motor) . There is something broken, actually part of it was displaced when I opened the motor. I'm uploading a picture. I guess that is the magnet disc ring. Could that be the problem?
        I noticed that the 2 inner locking rings (to realease the axis) were not tight at all. It's wierd since I tighened them twice for the last 2 years.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X