BBS02 turns on then off immediately with flashing dead battery light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBS02 turns on then off immediately with flashing dead battery light

BBS02 750 w 48v 13.5 amp and 965 display from Dillengerelectrikebikes.com. Ive had this for 18 months and most likely the controller was not the new upgraded 3077 mosfets.

Problem: Rode one evening and drained battery completely then charged it next day started to go for a ride and turned on display lit up as normal then immediately got a flashing dead battery sign as if battery is dead and then off it goes completely. My guess is its the controller, Battery shows 53.7 volts fully charged. I try to turn on again and nothing lights up on display. If i take battery out and back in I get the power up as normal then the flashing dead battery sign and off it goes completely again. Rinse and repeat

Also I ordered a BBS02 new kit from Luna cycle with upgraded 1300 mofset and different display since 965 has issues from what i read. I will swap parts and post findings when it arrives. I've been wanting the mid drive for my recumbent bike anyway.

Comment

Possible that the BMS may have tripped as well on the battery that was run to LVC. Try charging though the discharge leads to reset the BMS

Comment

It was connector at battery to battery rack. I jumped past battery connections and everything worked fine. Ordering new connectors for battery and rack. I believe it has arced there in the past and put arc burns on the connector. Thus creating a poor connection over time.

Comment

• Rodney64
          Rodney64 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for letting us know
      Working...
      X