Error code 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error code 7

Help... I have a Bafang BBSHD 48V 1000W Mid Drive with c965 display.
    Error code 7 came up on display and now it wont even start. Battery volts are 57.4.
    Any suggestens.
    Håkan from Sweden.

Your battery does not sound like a true 48v battery. I think the max volts on a 48V after full charge are 54. A 52v battery fully charged is 58v. You are likely receiving error code 7 because of over voltage. I would suggest looking up how to change the max volts cutoff limit on your controller. I think the BBS02 can handle up to 60, but the max cutoff is probably set below that.

Comment

You're right, it's 52 volts battery. It has worked fine for 60 miles. But now display is black and display completely dead. Some other advice on how I get life in display and engine?

Comment

Yesterday my BBSHD suddently wouldnt work as it should.
        The c965 display showed blinking engine and battery. And code 7 in the speed display.
        The error code is telling me it's Over voltage protection
        Battery volts are 57.4 when i test it
        Is there any fix for this one?
        Anyone have the same problem?
        Håkan

Comment

Where did you buy the kit?

Comment

HI. I bought the cycle by a friend who bought engien of em3ev. I am in contact with them also. But so far I have not got it right. There is still the same the same problem.

Comment

HI. I bought the cycle by a friend who bought engien of em3ev. I am in contact with them also. But so far I have not got it right. Still same problem.

Comment

I'm facing a similar issue, but the error the display threw before it stopped working was Controller Report 04. I made this post about a week ago:

Hey guys, a peculiar thing happened to me when I brought my bike out to ride this morning. When I plugged the battery in, the Luna full color display turned on automatically with the backlight off. Any attempt to toggle the display failed. It said Controller Report 04, then the motor throttled on its own and my back wheel started pushing. Luckily I had the porch door closed, so all that happened was the front tire bumped the door until I removed the battery. I tried again, to the same result. Any attempt to shut the bike off just turned the non-backlit screen black, except for a couple blocks on the display. I looked up the 04 error and unplugged the throttle, but now the display won't even turn on at all. I removed the battery again, unplugged everything, plugged everything back in, and the display still won't turn on. This can't just be the throttle, can it? Is it a problem with the full color display, or with the BBSHD itself? How do you remedy this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                I still haven't figured out how to fix my bike, but 57.4 shouldn't be over voltage on a 52v battery. That sounds about right for a 100% charge. I'm wondering if our problem is with the display, and not the error messages. My display is the DPC-14, though, not the C965.

Comment

What type of riding were you doing when the display went blank?
                  Did the display get wet at all?
                  Some info before the fault happened is always helpful to pinpoint a fault.

Comment

I had cycled 2 minutes, and came to a hill of 400 Yarde and used thumb throttle. Then began c965 screen warn of engine problems and even error code 07. I stopped cycling and shut the engine off when I turned on the engine again, it was the same problem .It was wet outside

Comment

Try drying out the display, on/off button and the thumb throttle and then trying it again after it had a chance to dry out, You maybe lucky and it will work again. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

EM3ev will send out a replacement controller... On them ....outstanding service.
                        I'll keep you posted how it goes.
                        Håkan

Comment

How did it go, that fix your problem? Interestingly we are dealing with a similar case at Luna. Bafang is usually pretty good with quality control so it is surprising.

Comment

Unfortunately it didn't solved the problem.
                            But i will not give up so easy

Comment

That's unfortunate. What battery is it, did you test with a multimeter at both charge and discharge and see same voltage? Did the folks at em3ev provide any further guidance?

IIRC we started troubleshooting with replacing the charger but I could be wrong, not in front of computer at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X