No announcement yet.

BBSHD hydraulic brake sensors not working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the past I’ve scavenged brake sensors from the stock Bafang cable levers and glued the components to my hydro levers. This used all 3 Higo connections to a switching Hall sensor which applied about 3-4V to the controller brake signal input when the sensor/magnet changed state.

So you’re telling me that all I needed to do was short pin 4 (brake signal) to ground? Could've used a magnetic reed switch like I used to do on Infineon type controllers? This is all probably moot point but I’m just trying to better understand these brake signal circuits?

Comment

• slomo85
      slomo85 commented
      Editing a comment
      Luna techs swear that you can't just use a switch because there is more to it that that. But it would appear to me that a switch would work just fine because when I shorted the correct pins I got brake symbol on the display and the motor power was cut. The very same thing that happens with a working brake sensor.

• Petal
      Petal commented
      Editing a comment
      Check out my reed sensor mod. Works great! http://imgur.com/a/595wB

Both my BBSHD bikes will stop power in PAS and THROTTLE with brake sensor application.

that is when magnet is NOT near the sensor.

Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

Luna did send me another (Third) set of brake sensors and this is finally working now. It was incorrectly wired brake sensors from the factory that was the source of my problems. All is working correctly now. Again, Luna worked with me a lot on this issue and got me taken care of. Thanks again :)

Comment

Hey there! I'm having the EXACT same problem! I've got three wires in the brake sensor HARNESS (blue, black and red). I don't want to strip the housing all the way off, just to find out which wire is associated with which pins. But I am trying to connect the brake harness to the sensor wires on my Tektro Dorado levers/sensor. The brake sensor has one black and one blue wire.

I've connected the blue and black wires, leaving the red wire free. I plugged it in and the sensor doesn't read on the screen. I tried to "smooth out the connector key... rotating the plug" and that also didn't work.
        Wonder what the next step is?
        Could I have shorted something by correctly plugging in the sensor/harness together WITH the key, and the blues and blacks connected?

Comment

Working...
      X