BBSHD Error 15H

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBSHD Error 15H

Hello all, I am seeing an "Error 15H" on my dash for my bbshd. When I cycle the power it goes away and then comes back. I can ride it for about 5 minutes and then the dashboard turns off.

I read that the error code means "controller's temperature sensor error".

Does this mean the sensor is having issues or that the temperature of the motor is to high? Or is it inconclusive?

I bought the motor and battery from Luna Cycle about 1 month ago. It has 5 rides on it.

Here are the specs from the receipt..
    Bafang BBSHD Mid Drive Ebike Kit 1
    PRGRM-HOTROD MISC: PROGRAM HOT ROD 1
    BBSHD-MTR-100mm BBSHD: MOTOR 100MM 1
    BBSHD-CR-46T BBSHD 46T Stock Steel Chainring 1
    BBSXX-DISP-LUNA750C Luna 750c Full Color Display for BBDHD and BBS02 1
    BBSXX-THMB-U Bafang BBSHD and BBSO2 Universal Thumb Throttle 1
    BBSXX-BRAKES-PAIR-SLVR BBSXX: BRAKE PAIR - SILVER 1
    52-DLPHN-11.5-PF PACKS: 52V DOLPHIN PF 1
    CHRGR-52-3A-XT60 52v 3amp Luna Mini Charger 1
    Any help resolving / troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.
    error 15H on bbshd
    Last edited by skadamo; 05-07-2017, 02:16 PM.

Does it happen all of the time or only when the motor warms up? If the later, does the motor/controller feel hot to touch?

Best bring your order number and open a trouble ticket here: https://lunacycle.com/trouble-ticket/

Comment

Today is the first time it happened. I was 10 minutes into the ride. I had gloves on and did feel the motor but I could not feel any heat. I'll try again and check with bare hands.

thanks for the link.

Comment

I also noticed some lateral play in the bottom bracket spindle. It moves about 1 mm when I push on it...

https://youtu.be/jruqgD1Djkk

I wonder if this might be a cause of the issue if internals are moving in a way that they are not designed for? Is this play normal.

Comment

A little play is normal.
          The 15H error relates to the 750c display. While our initial understanding of the error codes pointed towards this being a temp sensor that is not the case.
          When I tested to try and find this error, I unplugged the speedo sensor and ran it for a minute and up popped the error. So I think it's related to the sensor not being read by the system. If you do not see speedometer readout on the display that's the issue. Either that or the display is showing a ghost error and might need swapped out, but if you got no speedometer then you need swap out the speedo sensor, or maybe screw in the connector more.

Comment

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
            A little play is normal.
            The 15H error relates to the 750c display. While our initial understanding of the error codes pointed towards this being a temp sensor that is not the case.
            When I tested to try and find this error, I unplugged the speedo sensor and ran it for a minute and up popped the error. So I think it's related to the sensor not being read by the system. If you do not see speedometer readout on the display that's the issue. Either that or the display is showing a ghost error and might need swapped out, but if you got no speedometer then you need swap out the speedo sensor, or maybe screw in the connector more.
            I also get this error on the 750c display when the speed sensor is not connected. My speed sensor arrives today, so I'll let you know if hooking it up resolves the "15h" error.
            Last edited by aeiz; 05-09-2017, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Thanks all!! I checked the connection this morning and it was in fact partially disconnected. Long story. I'll test and report back on more details later but wanted to let you all know. Thanks eb members and Luna staff for all the help! I'll be sure to give back with more detail and lessons learned.

Comment

FYI, it's interesting to note that my 750c reports only the 15h error with no speed sensor connected. I don't get the error 21h as expected.

Comment

Got the speedo sensor in and installed it. The 15h error is now gone!

Comment

I made sure the speed sensor was connected and the 15h is gone. I rode for 1 hour with no issues. Thanks again all.

Believe it or not this happened because I tried to rig up a duct tape protector for the sensor. I am worried a stick will pop up and break it. Actually I know it is only a matter of time so I may buy a second sensor. I do a lot of trail riding and twigs jump into the wheel often.

Anyway I rigged up my duct tape protector and it must have unplugged the sensor partially by bending the wire enough to disconnect it a bit. I forgot the sensor and wire had a coupling at the end and were not a single unit so never thought to check that.

Comment

Gotta love this community! Thanks to everyone for helping us ALL better understand these quirky yet wonderful machines...

Comment

Had this issue on the way to work today, motor shut off then back on then 15h error rest of the way, googled it on my phone and got this thread. What do you know speed sensor was loose tightened it up and good to go, need to keep checking for things getting loose it happens a lot.

Comment

Working...
                        X