Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• commuter ebikes
    replied
    I was happy that Gr8fun brought his bike to my garage for the BBS02 rebuild. I found it very entertaining and educational to have a front row seat to his work. He has spent decades working on electric motors, and he taught me a lot. We get to do it again when the G1 nylon gear http://www.greenbikekit.com/bafang-m...placement.html arrives from China.

I was amazed at how simple it was to remove and replace the BBS02. The motor rebuild was also straightforward, with a little help from YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• Gr8fun
    replied
    Much thanks to luna support team. And commuter e bikes on this forum.
    Last edited by Gr8fun; 07-04-2017, 07:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gr8fun
    started a topic Bbs02 clutch freewheel

Bbs02 clutch freewheel

After 8000 miles I Recently had the problem of the motor running but no power output to crank.
    normally this would be attributed to the freewheel in the secondary, or damaged nylon gear meltdown. especially when the cover was was open from chain drop dirt and loss of lubricant.
    i R&R the secondary replacing the freewheel (clutch). Found that secondary main gear is not currently available. I was pleasently surprised that all parts appeared new. Tight bearings and no lash in gears. Easy fix. I do reccomend an impact tool to remove the cover plate on freewheel. In fact mandatory.
    the problem continued.
    after receiving new nylon gear i opened the primary. Again all parts appeared new. The nylon gear internal bearing appeared dry or heat damaged. The new gear did not fit. An offset of 6 mm instead of three did not allow snap ring to be installed. Mine is an A model not a B. This gear is not available except through china without a new pinion and cover plate to adapt new style gear. There is a freewheel mechanism in the gear that had failed.
    i relubed everything with copious amounts of synthetic grease hopeful until part arrives from china.
    This did the trick. Works normally. The grease has also helped on heat transfer. The motor is running 20 to thirty degrees cooler in higher watt usage.
    Moral of story: not knowing what you are doing does not prevent learning and getting the job done
Working...
X