Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBSHD Cutting out after a few seconds turning on!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBSHD Cutting out after a few seconds turning on!

I've been using my BBSHD for a few months now for commuting, it's done about 1500km and was going great. But now all of a sudden, it keeps turning off on me!
    I would try to turn it back on but the screen almost immediately turns off again while still loading with the Luna logo. If I leave it longer then it would turn on for a few seconds before shutting off again. There aren't any error messages coming up on the screen.
    I have been biking in pretty wet weather recently so was thinking maybe the battery needed drying out, but after a week in the hot water cupboard, I plugged it back in, it seemed to turn on ok and was going fine but then 2min down the road to work it cut out again. When I try to turn it back on the screen will come on for a second, but almost immediately switches off again.

The battery seems to still charge ok, so I'm hoping someone has some suggestions of what else I can check to try and find where my problem is??
    It looks like the speed sensor can cause cut-out if it's not reading properly so I will double check that when I get home, but I don't see how that would cause the whole thing to shut down?
    I'm still getting a full voltage reading off the battery connectors without the battery on. I'm hoping I haven't fried something, help!
    Last edited by funkin_d; 06-18-2018, 03:14 PM. Reason: BBSHD, Motor problems, cutting out, battery, wet weather

OP, did you ever figure this one out? Sounds virtually identical to a problem I experienced with my BBSHD tonight and I'm eager to get it rectified. Any and all info is highly appreciated!

Comment

It seems that error 21 has something to do with the speed sensor . This would make sense as I got in a hurry and didn't install mine ! Well , I guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow !!!
      Last edited by jangles; 04-03-2019, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X