BBS02 Only Pulls 21 Amps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBS02 Only Pulls 21 Amps

Ok, this one is driving me batty... I have a BBS02 and according to my display (DPC-14) it will only pull a maximum of 21 amps. Now before you go blasting me, I have the programming cable and it's set to 25 amps in the software AND the same display shows 30 amps when I hook it up to a BBSHD with a separate battery for that bike. I purchased the '02 unit from Luna a few years back and it supposedly has the upgraded mosfets but I'm left confused why it won't pull the rated 25 amps ever. I'm running it with a 13.5ah NCR-B bottle battery... am I seeing the max output of the battery?

Originally posted by Cyclist83 View Post
    ... am I seeing the max output of the battery?
    That was my first thought. Is the BBSHD programmed to 30 amps (indicating that the display is accurate)?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclist83 View Post
      ...the same display shows 30 amps when I hook it up to a BBSHD with a separate battery for that bike...
      The display does *not* measure the current or power but just reports what the controller is telling it

Battery internal BMS can limit the current too

Comment

Originally posted by ions82 View Post

That was my first thought. Is the BBSHD programmed to 30 amps (indicating that the display is accurate)?
        Yeah the BBSHD is programmed to 30. Maybe what I'm seeing is that the different controllers are reporting differently? Maybe I should hook up the higher amp battery to the 02 to see what happens.

Comment

Working...
        X