Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBSHD dead, display, pas, brakes, everything seem normal.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBSHD dead, display, pas, brakes, everything seem normal.

I started out on a ride just fine. 1 minute in, PAS 1, it dies. I stop, give a little throttle a few times, hints of a jolt in the motor a couple of times, then nothing. The display reveals nothing unusual, no errors. Fully charged battery displaying full voltage on the screen. I tried to restart it without brake sensors, without gear sensor, without speed sensor, same result--nothing. I opened the controller cover to see if the plugs were seated. All good.

Any ideas?

With your speed sensor connected, everything on... Does it's LED light up with no magnet in the vicinity?
    See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

No, only when the magnet goes by.

Comment

• Tommycat
        Tommycat commented
        Editing a comment
        I was under the impression that it was opposite... but I suppose if the controller just gets a pulse regularly all is well... The good news being your 5 vdc regulator output must be working, and that your controller in being energized. Carefully checked all cables and connectors for damage? (sorry, had to ask)

I've seen where a poor battery connection will act like this... Let's just enough power thru to power the display but has no potential for anything else...

Have you tried another battery If you have one, if not using a charger?
      Have you tried bypassing the display? Both a which are discussed here...

http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...bbshd-or-bbs02

Comment

A big shoutout to Tommycat. The problem was an almost broken battery cradle wire/crimp connection. Enough voltage got through to run the display but not enough to run the motor. I finally bought a real crimping tool and the problem is solved. Thanks so much because I was an inch away from buying a new controller, which would not have solved the problem.

Comment

Way to go Tommycat!

Congrats on the self-repair, Stu.
          Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

Originally posted by JPLabs View Post
            Congrats on the self-repair, Stu.
            ^^^^^ +1 ^^^^^ That's what I'm talking about! Way to hang in there and find that tough problem. Glad I could help.

Comment

Battery good (51v) power out of holder connections good as well (51v) display doesn't light up, no power to motor.
              Controller?

Comment

Further... it is a BBS02 with 48v battery

Comment

Hi secretservicecycles,
                  And welcome to the forum!

I'd start with the thread below... after double checking the battery connections. Had it long?

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...he-bbshd-bbs02

Regards,
                  T.C.

Comment

Working...
                X