Error 30 on BBS01 250W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error 30 on BBS01 250W

I need some help, i have a BBS01 Mid drive. The Lcd starts up then after two seconds goes to an error 30 screen. I have checked the wiring and connectors and battery voltage all check out ok. I replaced the controller and Lcd screen as these seem to be highlighted as possible culprits bit the problem still persists. Any help or ideas would be appriciated

Error 30 is a communications error and means something is toast.

If you replaced both the controller and display.... i would say the only thing left is to replace the wiring harnass.

Comment

Hi Eric, the wiring harness has all been checked. I have removed all the connectors and soldered the joins with exception of the large 8 pin connector. I have checked continuity of all of these wires and all have zero resistance. I have asked to exchange the replacement controller incase this is faulty. Thanks for your advice and if you think of anything else then please let me know.

Comment

I have this problem when my rear speed sensor breaks or gets knocked out of alignment with the magnet. The screen will turn on then i ride, no speed is indicated then the error message comes up. try a new speed sensor

Comment

• Louis
          Louis commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you speed sensor light up when it failed?

Yes it has always lit up. I have no power from pas and error 30. Is there a way to test the speed sensor or remove it all together. Thanks for the replys

Comment

• Louis
          Louis commented
          Editing a comment
          I trashed several and have learned it's one of the parts worth having in my kit. But I tend to be retentive and keep several spare parts around. I hate waiting for a part to ride. Especially sensors and throttles. It's always been my fault. I've learned to check the sensor and make sure it's still properly aligned and zip tied and not have to use my spare yet. Thankfully spare parts are coming online for my older BBS01's (02 parts)

I can imagine your frustration. Error 30 is frustrating to me in that I still don't have a clear solution.

I should add that it lights up as the magnet gets near and stays on until it has passed the sensor

Comment

I have noticed that the Txd wire coming from the Lcd display is fluctuating between 0v and 4.8v its up and down like a yoyo. Faulty new display??

Comment

Sorry its the rxd cable (white) that is fluctuating at the lcd end

Comment

We need the MIGHTY BRUNO!!!

Comment

Looks like it could be a short on the white wire from the lcd. It seems to be building voltage in a capacitor then when it gets to 5v it dumps it. The process then starts all over again.

Comment

I have started a new trouble shooting guide to the error 30 code here. I put everything i know in the post but feel free to add to it. I also made a new BBSX trouble shooting category and moving this post to that category.

Comment

Hello, I have a new BAFANG BBS01B 36V 350W with the C965 display. I installed the kit to my 20-in bike. It intially had some errors that i do not remember the error code, maybe 21H. After adjusting the speedo location and connection, the thing works. But after a few rides I now have the comminication error 30H. With it, I can still turn on the motor via the throttle. The breaks work (when i pull the leveler, the switch in it cuts off the motor). The speedo also blinks at the passing of the magnet. But it is annoying not to have the display but a flashing 30H. I checked the wire and all the connectors multiple times. Nothing looks apperantly wrong. Could this be a faulty display?

Comment

Working...
                    X