No announcement yet.

New BBSHD with 52v getting error code 7 over-voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to say for sure, but I can't rule it out.

Comment

I too purchased a BBSHD from a source other than Luna, and I am having over-volt issues (error code 07) with a fully charged 52v pack.

The source is located in SoCal, and they've been very helpful with finding a solution. Before sending my controller back for the latest BESST firmware, I'm hoping to get a concise answer from anyone regarding the "fix" found in this thread.

The tech I spoke with says that the BESST firmware won't allow user programmable parameters anymore.

Can anyone confirm this?

The production run dates of this controller is May/June-2019
      Once my programming cable (from Luna) arrives, I am going to try flashing this controller with the "fix" found in this thread.
      Is there any reason that this shouldn't work?
      I would love to buy a tried and true 1000 watt controller from Luna, but alas, they're still not in stock.

On the controller case sticker is the following info
      48V 30A 1000W
      CRR10E4830E105001.1
      Has anyone flashed this controller with this file? - CRR10E4830E105001.1_190413-1.bin
      Any help would be awesome

Comment

• Tortue
        Tortue commented
        Editing a comment
        QR Code on the sticker scans as
        CR R10E.1000.SN.U1.5
        A08F8T5150608

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
      He's fine, not something I can share but if he wants to that's ok.

It is probably worth keeping in mind for anyone reading this in the future that there are multiple bbshd version b controller hardware revisions with basically no way to tell them apart, and what works on one controller will not work on all controllers, .

Yup, different controllers and more than a few paperweights. Sometimes it seems like the old Nternational Harvester truck production line. Several bins of parts for the same function but slightly different builds, depending on which sub made them. NUTS!

And I cannot help but think Bafang are buffoons. The lack of support stinks.

Comment

• AZguy
        AZguy commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sorry - chinese manufacturing and engineering is 99% an exercise in buffoonery... I have a very hard time even thinking of the 1% that might not be... it's the china game. Cheap, zero documentation, cheap, on your own support and that's even if you are a dealer... and oh yeah if I didn't mention it already it's cheap. You could always try to go Bosch or Yamaha if you don't like bafang but that will present it's own exercises and almost certainly won't be cheap.

Having dealt with more than a little chinese products/manufacturers and after tearing apart the BBSHD I was impressed at how compared to most chinese stuff it was in the upper percentiles of engineering and manufacturing.... That's not to say it even comes close to compare with the germans, the japanese or even taiwan...

You have to pay for what you get. We are cheap and americans in general don't seem to understand that nothing is free... We think we can pay 1/3 and get the same. duh...

Me? I will continue to use the bafang product and in particular from dealers I trust since it's the best thing going for my requirements at this point in time... Point me to something better and I'm game... I suppose not having options makes us all a bit frustrated...

...and that's why I went through Luna.
      2018 Motobecane Boris Fat Bike BBSHD Build

Comment

So please clarify if I am understanding correctly or not. The stock BBSHD controller will not work with a nominal 52V battery and the controller needs to be upgraded to higher current by one method or another, one of which is to buy the Luna controller. Is this correct? Or is this a firmware/software issue only? Or am I way off and the solution is otherwise?
        Last edited by Bikehockey; 07-06-2019, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          If you bought from Luna the issue was fixed a long time ago. If you did not buy from Luna then you probably need to figure out some way to get it to work. Which might be a new controller, or maybe if you can figure out flashing it without bricking it. Not having to deal with stuff like this is one of the main reasons to buy from a reputable dealer, if you bought elsewhere then it will be kinda an uphill battle

Originally posted by Bikehockey View Post
        So please clarify if I am understanding correctly or not. The stock BBSHD controller will not work with a nominal 52V battery and the controller needs to be upgraded to higher current by one method or another, one of which is to buy the Luna controller. Is this correct? Or is this a firmware/software issue only? Or am I way off and the solution is otherwise?

It is enough to charge the battery to a level lower than 0.5v max, i.e. to 58.3 V and everything is ok. Flashing does not give anything, when the battery is fully charged to 58.8 V error 07 appears. To make everything ok, you need to lower the voltage and watch it - to safe 58.0 V and the engine runs flawlessly.

Comment

Hi Cezar,
          Do you ever fear that continuously under charging will not allow the BMS to properly balance the cells? Or do you have equipment that can negate this.

Regards,
          T.C.
          See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommycat View Post
            Hi Cezar,
            Do you ever fear that continuously under charging will not allow the BMS to properly balance the cells? Or do you have equipment that can negate this.

Regards,
            T.C.

I charge every now and then to max, less than once in 10 charges and connect an amateur soldering iron overnight for a few hours to make this 1V drop. The problem is when I am on an expedition with my friends - I have no idea what to connect to as soon as I get lost - to discharge the battery by 0.5 to 1V below 58.8V - maybe some suggestions.

Comment

Working...
            X