Need Help Please: BBSHD Power Surge | Surging on PAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help Please: BBSHD Power Surge | Surging on PAS

Hi, I have a BBSHD and am experiencing the following issue - any help would be greatly appreciated:
    • BBSHD (using various pre-set programming configurations - e.g. Luna, JPlabs, Karl)
    • Throttle works fine
    • On PAS - power to the motor seems to surge on off as the rear magnet passes the pass sensor. This is a new phenomena for me. On most configurations, when using PAS, the pedal assist was completely smooth and appropriately increased pedal assist when going from level 1 to level 9. The other day, my pedal assist went bonkers and now it seems completely useless since under any pedal assist level, the power to the motor is not smooth at all and the power to the motor surges leaving me only with the throttle to use. To no avail, I've tried multiple configuration profiles and the power surging remains the same.
    • Any ideas what might be wrong? Is this symptom indicative to me needing to get a new controller? This is super frustrating.
    Thanks ahead of time.

Jackson

Check that the pas disc is not damaged?

Comment

Winner winner chicken dinner! The PAS disc is broken - a chunk of the magnet broke off. Gluing it back tonight to complete the circle - will see if she runs properly soon. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Nice.

Not sure gluing it will be reliable repair but worth a shot. We sell the discs for ten bucks if needed. https://lunacycle.com/bbshd-replacement-pas-disc/

Comment

Working...
        X