Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a Cyclone work with a torque sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can a Cyclone work with a torque sensor?

Having finished my build, I am starting to tinker with controller settings and had a thought. I built up my rig so I could go mountain biking with my buddy who has a nice Specialized Turbo. Ideally, I would be able to use the power on my bike with the same kind of variable assist my buddy has on his Specialized. From everything I read, a torque sensor is way better than simple PAS, and is the answer for how I would like really use my ebike.

Am I correct in thinking that what I would need to do is add a Cycle Analyst, and something like a SEMPU torque sensing bottom bracket to get there? In terms of function, is it correct that the CA basically gets connected to the sensor, and inline of the throttle? In other words, the CA reads the signal from the BB, and then gives the controller as much throttle as it thinks I need, based on how hard I am pedaling? So more pedal pressure = more throttle. Less pedal pressure = less throttle?

I realize that if my understanding is correct, I could achieve the same end result by just tweaking my throttle configuration, and then manually giving it the beans when I go to climb.

Jose
Working...
X