Mini cyclone experience/photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini cyclone experience/photos?

My BBS02 may be slowly dying, so looking at either a replacement BBS02, BBSHD or Mini Cyclone.
    Anyone have experience with the mini cyclone? Or if someone has more photos than the Luna page has, that would be appreciated!

I have the mini cyclone which I just hooked up to make sure everything was good to go for my next build.It fired right up and seems to have a lot of power and can't wait for my Electra Lux 7D Fat tire to arrive should be here by Oct. I'll keep you posted when its up and running.I chose the Mini Cyclone over the BBSHD and think it will fit inside the frame without having to modify the frame with a dimple or grind like spinning magnets had to do.also 2000 watts just sounded so good.Ciao for now
    Last edited by Esurfer; 09-19-2016, 08:37 PM.

Comment

The mini cyclone is noisier than the Cyclone 3000 which is noisier than the BBSHD. Also, some vendors have reported higher failure rates in the mini cyclone than the Cyclone 3000.

Comment

The one thing I like about the Mini Cyclone is its size next to my BBSHD its is much slimmer with more power you do have the controller but I'm going to hide it the best I can.Also I plan on using it as a cruiser but if I want a little punch I'll have it.I won't be putting it thru the punishment I put on the BBSHD so maybe that will help with its longevity Hopefully it will hold up we'll see.
        Last edited by Esurfer; 09-18-2016, 12:44 PM.

Comment

I've been going back and forth between a Mini Cyclone and the Cyclone 3000 and wondering about noise, longevity, etc... any other reports on this? Luna?

Comment

Well, I've ordered a Mini Cyclone sooo... I'll be writing about my experience with it once it arrives. And I'll even make a video to put on Youtube!

Comment

I'll be looking forward to hearing your impressions of this drive...

Comment

I have three BBS-02's, two BBS-HD, one Mini Cyclone and two Cyclone 3000's and by far the Cyclone 3000s have the most torque and offer a wide range of mounting options. This allows the 3000 to be mounted inside the frame triangle avoiding the ground clearance problems typically associated with the Bafangs
                I tried the Mini, but it overheated and it makes far too much noise.. I consider it a waste of money
                The 3000s are not silent when compared to the BBS-HD but the 3000's have much more torque/power and throttle response making for a more exciting ride experience than a Bafang or Mini

Comment

Originally posted by eDavid View Post
                  I have three BBS-02's, two BBS-HD, one Mini Cyclone and two Cyclone 3000's and by far the Cyclone 3000s have the most torque and offer a wide range of mounting options. This allows the 3000 to be mounted inside the frame triangle avoiding the ground clearance problems typically associated with the Bafangs
                  I tried the Mini, but it overheated and it makes far too much noise.. I consider it a waste of money
                  The 3000s are not silent when compared to the BBS-HD but the 3000's have much more torque/power and throttle response making for a more exciting ride experience than a Bafang or Mini
                  Thanks for the feedback. I've nearly got my Mini ready to ride, LOTS of pictures taken and videos, once I get it going I plan on a full post about it.

Comment

• Esurfer
                    Esurfer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I got my Mini cyclone up and running I put it on a Fito Modena GT 7 speed 24" rims and this thing is a little screamer. I'll put pics soon.

At first I was going to use my Mini Cyclone on my Electra Fat 7 but decided to put it on a smaller and lighter frame using the Fito Modena Gt 7 the build was easy.I did a test run tonight and and was super impressed with the speed I got out of the Mini.No overheating it is a little noisy but were I ride I'm competing with Harley's and sport bikes so I sound like a little squeaky mouse in comparison.so far so good.Pics and report coming soon.

Comment

Mini cyclone on a Modena GT7 has turned out to be a fast little bike not sure of the speeds I'm reaching but its definitely up there I'll check speed soon but it feels like 35 or faster.
                    The bike is small and light and is used a lot on gas motor builds and is a great platform for a small agile ride if thats what your looking for.
                    Last edited by Esurfer; 10-13-2016, 05:24 PM.

Comment

I considered the Fito Modena GT, but it wasn't a good fit for me. That being said, I would gladly build up that model for any friend where it fit them.

edit: I am 6-foot, 210, so the Fito Modena GT "almost" fit me. The Electra Lux Fat has plenty of room to fit me
                      Last edited by spinningmagnets; 10-14-2016, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• Esurfer
                        Esurfer commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Spin,Your right its definitely made for a smaller rider.I sure like your Electra Fat,got mine and its so damn comfortable I just melt in the seat every time I ride it .I haven't made it electric yet.Hope you guys don't tar and feather me, but I'm enjoying it as peddle bike for right now but I'm sure that won't last long before I stick some watts to it.For the record I was right about the speed on the mini cyclone it hits 36 pretty easy and would probably do 38 to 40 with different tires.I weight 160 and 5'8 height ,they recommend riders 200 and under.I was thinking of giving it to my wife but I'd have to limit the power.I've heard of some guys doing 50 with gas motor conversions.Not sure I'd want to go that fast on one.But all and all my impression of the mini cyclone is that its a good choice on the right bike.

Found some freshly paved flat pavement without out dips ,ups and downs and hit 38 mph with mini cyclone no wobbles or weird flexing and felt very stable and could handle 40 mph no problem.And bike also eats up hills at high speeds.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, why did you pick the mini over the 3000?

Originally posted by Esurfer View Post
                        Found some freshly paved flat pavement without out dips ,ups and downs and hit 38 mph with mini cyclone no wobbles or weird flexing and felt very stable and could handle 40 mph no problem.And bike also eats up hills at high speeds.

Comment

• Esurfer
                          Esurfer commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Because it was smaller ,lighter and I could use my 52 volt shark pack with it .

• Robocam
                          Robocam commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Do you have any videos of your motor running? You can use your shark pack with the regular Cyclone too then. They both use the same controller.

Can those with a Cyclone Mini post some videos of your bike in action? I want to hear what it sounds like. I'm considering it for my next build.

Comment

Working...
                        X