Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dale H
    replied
    Here is a pic taken earlier today on my maiden voyage with the new Maxxis Hookworms. The tires grip phenomenally well, can't really tell if the improved my distance, but the rolling resistance seemed to be a lot better than before. Going to take some getting used to, seems like a totally different ride !! If I had a mid drive I'd be set I think, or a bigger hub motor. Or if I could figure out how to use the 40 amp Cyclone controller on this hub motor, would probably give me the extra power I'm looking for.Is there ever enough power? For me it's a case of " running what ya brung" right now so all things considered I'm blessed. GW, sweet looking ride!! Hope it gets you all sorts of customers. FWB, gotta keep those home fires burning to be able to enjoy it all. We are all truly blessed to live in a free country where we can pursue what we enjoy!! Ride on safely my friends.......
    Last edited by Dale H; 03-18-2017, 05:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• funwithbikes
    replied
    Yeah, had to go pick out a new front door and get ready to install it when it arrives :( The dogs push the door with their noses which leaves little rust spots. I had sanded and repainted as many times as the door could take. I think tomorrow will be picking out a new overhead garage door.

I hope that a few more days of keeping my nose clean will get me off the sh*i l*st.

The bike looks sharp. Nice and tidy wiring in front of the handlebars. Any customers coming to take a look at your builds?

Leave a comment:

• Green Werks
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	419.1 KB ID:	30620
    Dudes WTF we don't talk anymore whats going on anyway I still think about you dudes and what your up tp
    Dale did you get those tubes in yet, on my bike those 2.50 hook worms are so tight you cant get a RCH in between the side of the tire
    and the rear arm man
    Is fun with bikes still grounded and Will Ride are you cool or has the van eaten your cookies
    Any Way Best witches and peace be with you
    The latest ride in the stable Demo Bike 2

Leave a comment:

• Dale H
    replied
    Not much really goin on here GW, just waiting to go get my tubes and mount these killer tires and see if they improve my ride any. Quite a nice set of specs on that next build by the way, that setup should produce a nice little land rocket!!! Be safe and keep on keepin on, safely of course.......

Leave a comment:

• Green Werks
    replied
    Dale dude and FWB watz up
    I have those hook worms on my bike They are great
    I am getting ready to start my next build
    the power system is
    QS V3 10kw 3.5 t Hi rpm motor
    Sabbvoton 72v 150 amp controller
    72v 26.1 ah Panasonic cell battery should be a hoot
    Peace be with you

Leave a comment:

• Dale H
    replied
    Yeah FWB, that daily life thing lol. Got to put in that homework time. I'm 56 and still have to do my share around the house, will have to do even more when warm weather hits but that's what it's all about!!! Talk to ya'll soon......

Leave a comment:

• funwithbikes
    replied
    Life kind of caught up with me. Was spending way more than my planned "hour to 90 minute" each evening on electric bikes.

Family held an intervention :) Got to stay home and do a bunch of chores around the house before I can come out and play :(

48 years old and I am still getting grounded :) Wouldn't have it any other way

I like the maxxis hookworms, I have used the 20X2.5 on some three wheel buggies. They are both grippy and pretty durable.

Leave a comment:

• Dale H
    replied
    Hey all just checking in to see how ya'll are doing and to rave about my new tires that came in the mail today. Maxxis Hookworms 26"x 2.5 " . These things look beastly , especially compared to the stock tire that came with my elcheepo hub motor!!! Will post pics when I get 'em mounted...... ride on safely boys

Leave a comment:

• Green Werks
    replied
    Originally posted by Dale H View Post
    GW I feel ya on the warmer climate. One day 70 here, today and tomorrow tops out at or below 40. Nighttime for the next two nights in the teens. If I were a bear I'd just go ahead an hibernate for the next week or so... C'mon spring!!! Good luck on ya'lls reprogramming efforts, Alan should be able to help, I'd give him a shout. Till warmer weather hits I'm sidelined, don't need pneumonia to break in spring when it finally does get here lol Ride on safely ( everyone who's ridin that is ) !!
    Good luck and may the force be with you my brother Dale

Leave a comment:

• Dale H
    replied
    GW I feel ya on the warmer climate. One day 70 here, today and tomorrow tops out at or below 40. Nighttime for the next two nights in the teens. If I were a bear I'd just go ahead an hibernate for the next week or so... C'mon spring!!! Good luck on ya'lls reprogramming efforts, Alan should be able to help, I'd give him a shout. Till warmer weather hits I'm sidelined, don't need pneumonia to break in spring when it finally does get here lol Ride on safely ( everyone who's ridin that is ) !!

Leave a comment:

• Green Werks
    replied
    Dude's greetings and salutations

precision-fit, snap-together parts that's what I am talken dout
    The whole soft ware thing is a Drag I am having trouble rewriting the program on the sine wave controller
    I wanted to change a few things and that was doable but after the program is downloaded to the controller
    then nota nothing WTF no power to the motor, everything is their according to the CA and dude it tells you everything
    so go back and Install the stock program and everything is back to status que which is not bad, the stock default on the
    controller for amps is 50 I can live with that (But)
    I need to find out from ERT what is up cause I want to do a distance run at 50 amps and I want to do another run at 45 amps
    and see what kind of difference their is if any
    I am not doing any thing right now except studying and I am getting real burnt out on all that shit
    I want to be in the saddle and out in the warm fresh air and doing some testing
    I think a move to a warmer climate is in my cards
    Hears to you guys having a great and prosperous day.

Leave a comment:

• Will ride
    replied
    It's always sumpin'. After substantial research, NOW I notice the sub-print below the system requirements that points out that the XYZ 3d software is not supported by 2.0 OpenGL driver, which is used on my graphics card. And I did not notice that notice until the wiff and I had spent the last two days trying to update my driver, which of course turns out can't be done. Needs new card which don't happen in my cheap laptop.
    I am trying out a FreeCad software. I can get it to run on my computer and it should do the job, actually better, according to the netgab. May have to explore the son's abandoned laptop. It is a newer, better machine but he has ubuntu on it.
    After finally watching vids of actual priinting I am concerned about the surface finish of pieces. Everyone seems to be doing 'sculptures' and decortative stuff. I am planning on doing precision-fit, snap-together parts.
    Just got the notice. Printer will be here Friday. Yay.

Leave a comment:

• funwithbikes
    replied
    Nice work on the 3d printer. That is always about third on my list of things I need :( 3d printers are really starting to revolutionize small scale manufacturing. Turn around time is amazing if you can go from having an idea to a prototype in a few hours rather than have to send an idea off to a CNC shop and then wait until next week to pick it up. Keep us informed how it works.

Sorry, I can't afford another cyclone now. I have a cyclone 3kw build and a cyclone mini build in the works. The dyno and an automatic e-bike battery tester are also in the early stages of prototyping. Time is pretty short right now. Not so short that I can't skim craig;s list for bikes every couple of days.

Leave a comment:

• Dale H
    replied
    Thanks GW, all depends on the cash flow situation. Currently it's VERY low, so if you get a good offer sell man. I already have that controller, was going to acquire everything piece by piece as I'm dirt poor lol. Poor as crap with an expensive habit!!! ( E-bikes of course)

Leave a comment:

• Green Werks
    replied
    Originally posted by Will ride View Post
    Dudes....I just ordered a 3D printer. With FWB's mill and GW's shop we should be able to manufacture anything imaginable. This one will do 8" x 8" x 8" (nice) and do it in abs which is the tougher, superior plastic. It was too funny. Friday night I had ordered a smaller machine that would only do pla plastic ( more brittle, less strong ). It was inexpensive and had good reviews. I figuired it would get me into the groove even though it was not what I wanted in the end. Surprize! Something told me to go to the XYZ website Saturday morning. First window pops up. Surprize box deal. Free printer with purchase of 12 spools of filament. So for less money I am getting a superior machine and a huge supply of filament. Obviously it is an older design, but I have read that with better software running it, it can do great things. They obviously ran the deal to clear out the least popular filament colors. The color selection was limited. Like I care.

Winders are finally in. The last one on Friday. That was one of the biggest PITA jobs I have ever done. Really. Those frames had to change shape/angles in three dimensions. But for $200 and selling my soul for two weeks I have $3000 worth of operable, screenable winders. The pallets are an old futon we have been storing/hauling around for 17 years and collecting dust in the basement. The wiff thought of it. Save me a ton of work doing beds. A mod here, nip and tuck there.......
    Congrats on the printer we need to make something especially batteries and I am seriously thinking about doing that
    I already have a job for your printer pertaining to that we will have to talk over the phone about that
    The van looks great sweet job on the winders U DA Man
    Dale H I have 465.00 invested in those parts make me a offer

Leave a comment:

Working...
X