Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single link chain Cyclone?

Hi everybody.

I know a couple guys are using a single link for their primary (motor to crank sprocket) chain.

So far so good on evaluations.

Anybody else using a single link?

I'm thinking that if you're having problems, even if alignment is spot on, and all the potential twist has been removed with modified brackets, and using the ISIS BB, If the regular chain is still falling off or breaking, that using a single link would be an obvious solution.

I'm also thinking that if everything is spot on and you're not having any chain problems, it would still be a good idea or upgrade to use a single link.

Advantages:
    1. Thicker
    2. Unidirectional. Chain only bends one way. Wouldn't have to use tensioner.

It looks like a win win to use. I'm surprised it's not the industry standard since it sounds perfect for the application. Is something undesirable about them for some reason? Do they not last as long as a regular chain? Price? I find it amusing that people have no problem slapping down 3K to buy a bike, then act like it's the end of the world over a part that is $5 or $20 more expensive than the average bike part.

So why doesn't everybody run one?

What is a single link chain? Are you talking about a half-link design or do you mean one of those single master link things to connect the chain?

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyPit View Post
      What is a single link chain? Are you talking about a half-link design or do you mean one of those single master link things to connect the chain?
      Yes, I'm also interested to know what a single link chain is ? and where you can get them from ?

Have you got any links ? (no pun :)

Comment

google 'half link chain' and you'll find plenty of them. I used one from KMC on my mini cyclone as a drive chain. They are kind of a PITA to break and reconnect.

Comment

Working...
        X