X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CampCo0p
    started a topic Oh I wish I would'a....mini cyclone woes

Oh I wish I would'a....mini cyclone woes

I can't stand beginning a statement with those words. I just wish I woulda stuck with the 3k on my latest build. The whole experience. Either this thing is just a littLe POS or I am wrestleing with a turd unit. Just goes clunk, clunk, clunk.... weeeeee... clunk clunk. I can get it to go for a bit if I am ever so light as a feather on the throttle. On the bench the bastred screams like a bansheee. Under my 190 lbs of chiseled cellulite it choaks. Is this lunatic chaining to tall???? WTHeck... should I mount in the triangle? I'm guessing It would make a super sweet long board motor ... but common this is a soul stomper...
    when I 1st got this motor from Luna I was miffed to open the box and find stripped out bolts where an impact was used all cockeyed. The guys at Luna were awesome and gave me some options. I chose to deal with it and ponied up a little extra cheese to get the Luna landers for my fat commuter.... (the forks are so amazing!!! ) but now I wonder if this motor was torqued in the biblical sense. Now I wI'll try to post some pictures. Of my beautiful shinny turd.

• jawnn
    replied
    I am thinking about using a cyclone mini on my next build, please tell us what the cause of the effect was. Was it the controller?

Leave a comment:

• Jevans
    replied
    Looks like we're having the same issue. I have the Luna Special Edition Deluxe Mini Cyclone Kit with the kelly controller. It's very frustrating. I sent Luna your video as a demo of what mine is doing. Hopefully this gets resolved quickly.

Leave a comment:

• CampCo0p
    replied

Leave a comment:

• shangismachine
    replied
    I have a mini and a 3k, both with the standard controller.
    Do you have a spare throttle you can try out?
    It looks like either the controller or motor is the issue and you should send it back.
    Im sure you double checked the connections.
    The mini pulls hard, but is loud. Overheats when you push it for a long time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0273.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	399.8 KB
ID:	38631
    Last edited by shangismachine; 06-27-2017, 10:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CampCo0p
    replied
    Sebz,
    were you able to access the youtube video. did it provide any insight?

Leave a comment:

• CampCo0p
    replied
    now when completely unloaded as shown in the video, it wont even get past the stutter. i am certainly willing to put it all back together after work today and take another video, although i am curious how that would aid in diagnosis. To add variables to the equation when its obviously malfunctioning when isolated.

Leave a comment:

• CampCo0p
    replied
    you may have misunderstood my comment where i was referring to loaded vs unloaded. with the bike on its back wheels up... if i am very light on the throttle i was able to get it past the initial stutter to where it will ramp up then run (scream). i have never gotten a "perfectly" from it.

Leave a comment:

• ncrkd
    replied
    Originally posted by Sebz View Post
    Hi,

Also when the bike is on the stand, it screams and runs perfectly..
    Sounds / looks like just the motor was on the bench.

If the assembled bike could be put on a stand, maybe applying the back brake (not via the brake lever, to cause some load) would help identify from where comes the clunk, clunk, clunk

Leave a comment:

• CampCo0p
    commented on 's reply
    thank you moarpower.

• CampCo0p
    replied
    As for the chain and IGH. The chainline is super dialed. far better than ive ever been able to get my commuter fat bike with the C3000 that i just reached 600 miles on. The horizontal drop outs on the Soul Stomper are reversed from typical. (or at lease from i know as typical) So far the chain has stayed very taught. hope the video helps. bench testing produces more of a stutter that amplifies to a "clunk" once on bike.

Leave a comment:

• CampCo0p
    replied
    sorry for the video quality. had my hands full.

Leave a comment:

• CampCo0p
    replied
    https://youtu.be/vQVBC0Ecc_0

Leave a comment:

• Sebz
    replied
    Hi,

Ok maybe a video could help us a bit? Clunk cluck cluck is very vague...

Also when the bike is on the stand, it screams and runs perfectly.. it's maybe something in the drive line? chain, rings or the IGH? First to is to eliminate the possible issues.

If the motor runs good on the table I would not think it's the wiring (hall sensors or phase wires).

First I would inspect the chain and and all the teeth, so be sure they are all perfect. Maybe under load the chain wants to jump a tooth.

The IGH can cluck too, so maybe try it in the 1:1 gear (I think it's the 2nd one) and run it without much load on it.... see if the clucking is related to the power or load you apply to it. The thin line looks ok but not perfect.

I also do not see if you have a rear chain tensioner... it's a must have on a IGH with the mid drive.

Waiting to see a video of the issue.

Leave a comment:

• moarpower
    replied
    Hopefully those strands are just extra shielding from the cable. Shielding (if grounded) helps keep noise and interference out of low level signals like the RCA cables on your home stereo. It isn't really necessary for anything on an e-bike.

Still, I hope the folks at Luna help you out. I am all out of troubleshooting ideas. :/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X