This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Cyclone Stuff Coming

We at Luna believe in cyclone and have been impressed with the reliability of the 3000 watt Cyclone kit. In my mind nothing beats the cyclone for performance per dollar.

We are proud to be a cyclone dealer and want to do a better job of offering a wider range of cyclone kits and parts for the performance minded ebiker.

We have decided to offer more of the cyclone product line.

We will start stocking more upgrade and repair parts for the cyclone 3000 including a new 60amp controller which is being spec ed just for us.

We will also start offering the smaller Cyclone motor. kit ...which fits in the palm of your hand and will put out 2000 watts which has a cleaner look when fitted to a frame.

For real speed junkies we will be offering the 7500 watt fat bike kti.... this thing is the bigger brother to the 3000 watt and looks awesome. (pictured)

In addition we will do a better job of offering more varieties such as different mounting brackets, controllers, bottom brackets, front chain ring combinations etc.

We are also going to be developing cyclone parts with the Luna Cycle brand which will only be offered to our cyclone customers.

More surprises to come....

Great stuff. Could you give us a quick update on your BEIOU build? I appreciate your confidence in the Cyclone, but any details on the bike's handling and durability would be much appreciated. It seems a very good bike for the price but Luna is certainly the expert.

Comment

The bike is still going strong and is a real monster.

More of a testament to that is we have sold many cyclones and i have not heard of any motor failures....plenty of controller failures however.

Comment

Very cool Eric.
        Alpha One 6000W tadpole e-Trike (Cyclone): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFC8MRwvgUM
        Alpha Two Cyclone 3000W tadpole e-Trike: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkakVw8yY8E
        Electric Cyclone 3000W eBike "power mod": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_weSmz_h3Ig

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Luna View Post
          The bike is still going strong and is a real monster.

More of a testament to that is we have sold many cyclones and i have not heard of any motor failures....plenty of controller failures however.
          Thank you for your honesty!

Comment

Nice!! Bought the cyclone 3k kit and have been very happy with it on my cargo bike. Looking forward to other builds and more possibilities!

Comment

Hey Eric, can you post up a video of the spin up of the newer, quieter, Cyclone 3000 motor vs. the old one? I would really like to hear the difference in sound. Thanks!

Comment

I just got the "new" Cyclone 3000 with black mounting plates. It is not any quieter than my other Cyclone 3000.

Comment

Originally posted by Sather View Post
                  I just got the "new" Cyclone 3000 with black mounting plates. It is not any quieter than my other Cyclone 3000.
                  Thanks for the noise update. Frankly, I'm impressed with the stealth (quietness) of my BBSHD, and it's reliability. I'll wait for the BBSHD's controller upgrade. Thank's tho'.

Comment

That 2000 watt mini Cyclone has caught my attention! I would assume that the mounting is going to be similar to the 3000 watt. May have to pry open the wallet. I really like 7lbs and 2000 watts could be just what a need for the off road fat bike I want to do with my KHS Four Seasons 1000.

Comment

• Eric Luna
                      Eric Luna commented
                      Editing a comment
                      yeah its an awesome drive...the same drive used in the ego kit ...etc...

can i mount the 7000 watt one on a full suspended bike?
                    i do not like these bikes with fat tires

Comment

• Eric Luna
                      Eric Luna commented
                      Editing a comment
                      that drive would not be an easy install for any bike....

I bought a 3000w set up on the 28 of nov. and am waiting for it to get here
                    I will give this set up a try and see what is all about
                    Looks like fun to me
                    Last edited by Green Werks; 12-01-2016, 03:55 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

Eric I received my 3000w kit that I bought from you guys
                      It is great I really enjoy it the install was straight up had to do a few mods
                      but all is good
                      Does luna carry the cruse control for the cyclone kit?
                      Thankx in advance Bill.

Comment

No we do not carry the cruise control for the Cyclone.....

Comment

IF you are an off road rider the cyclone is great way to go , the BBSHD fells like a snail after you ride the cyclone with 72 volts Click image for larger version

Name:	G0050061.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	23962

Comment

Working...
                          X