No announcement yet.

Bakfiets earns its flames!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check me out... Bakfiets with a bike rack.

Oh, yeah.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0332.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	2.68 MB
ID:	131421

Comment

• tklop
      tklop commented
      Editing a comment
      My ridiculousness may know no bounds...

(If I want to, I can fit one on each side, actually, and the weight would be more symmetrical... But it's a trike. It can handle it. No land speed records will be attempted while "piggybacking").

But yeah. I can swap with my ex's for a "loaner bike" while I do some work on hers...

One of my daughters gets hurt or tired, or needs to leave her bike somewhere, now--even carless--no problem.

The side position does make me wider, but not a lot wider.

• calfee20
      calfee20 commented
      Editing a comment
      It is obvious the Bakfiets is your truck

• tklop
      tklop commented
      Editing a comment
      It is my truck!

:-)

You are out of control, tklop. :-)

Bakfiets is a serious gear hauler!

Jose

Comment

• tklop
      tklop commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Jose!

Oh, I really do love my bakfiets!

Ah--but you know... You really do... After all, you've got that Cyclone powered Specialized beast too!

Cyclones = grin-making goodness.

You need to take that rig to this years Tour De Crash.... but the way its been going so far 2 spare bikes may not be enough.

Comment

• tklop
      tklop commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a fun idea! Living in The Netherlands, it's not utterly impossible either (same continent and all)...

One day I'd like to get a foldable/collapsible/easily-storable/compact solar-kit (for off-grid camping), with adequate capacity for recharging my bakfiets' batteries.

Sure--if I'm riding all day--I can't start recharging until dawn breaks on the following day--so that might mean two-days-per-campground for international cross-country adventures... But really? That might wind up just right--in terms of backside endurance.

I have a lot of whacky ideas "on file" for my bakfiets... And cross-country adventures are on that list!

I have been thinking of adding one of these to the solar set-up on my RV. https://www.lensunsolar.com/Products...product_id=381

Comment

• tklop
      tklop commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting... I'm gonna bookmark that!
Working...
X