No announcement yet.

Bakfiets earns its flames!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check me out... Bakfiets with a bike rack.

Oh, yeah.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0332.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	2.68 MB
ID:	131421

Comment

• tklop
      tklop commented
      Editing a comment
      My ridiculousness may know no bounds...

(If I want to, I can fit one on each side, actually, and the weight would be more symmetrical... But it's a trike. It can handle it. No land speed records will be attempted while "piggybacking").

But yeah. I can swap with my ex's for a "loaner bike" while I do some work on hers...

One of my daughters gets hurt or tired, or needs to leave her bike somewhere, now--even carless--no problem.

The side position does make me wider, but not a lot wider.

• calfee20
      calfee20 commented
      Editing a comment
      It is obvious the Bakfiets is your truck

• tklop
      tklop commented
      Editing a comment
      It is my truck!

:-)

You are out of control, tklop. :-)

Bakfiets is a serious gear hauler!

Jose

Comment

• tklop
      tklop commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Jose!

Oh, I really do love my bakfiets!

Ah--but you know... You really do... After all, you've got that Cyclone powered Specialized beast too!

Cyclones = grin-making goodness.

You need to take that rig to this years Tour De Crash.... but the way its been going so far 2 spare bikes may not be enough.

Comment

• tklop
      tklop commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a fun idea! Living in The Netherlands, it's not utterly impossible either (same continent and all)...

One day I'd like to get a foldable/collapsible/easily-storable/compact solar-kit (for off-grid camping), with adequate capacity for recharging my bakfiets' batteries.

Sure--if I'm riding all day--I can't start recharging until dawn breaks on the following day--so that might mean two-days-per-campground for international cross-country adventures... But really? That might wind up just right--in terms of backside endurance.

I have a lot of whacky ideas "on file" for my bakfiets... And cross-country adventures are on that list!

I have been thinking of adding one of these to the solar set-up on my RV. https://www.lensunsolar.com/Products...product_id=381

Comment

• tklop
      tklop commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting... I'm gonna bookmark that!

Good size. 200 watts of panel gives me 1kwh per day. (Consider partly cloudy not real hot, morning fog) The 100 watt was way slow. Normally charges my 52volt battery at 2 amps and more in full sun.
    the included controller will not charge your bike battery. If you are going to use for rv and e bike, think about changing rv to 48 volt and using your e bike batteries for storage.
    solar panels have dramatically reduced my range anxiety. Mounted on the bike and charging while driving more than doubles my 13 wh battery useful range. This is a subjective observation that is based on my daily use.
    no more "can i borrow a cup of electricity"....

Comment

Working...
    X