Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reversing rotation to keep original chain rings.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reversing rotation to keep original chain rings.

I would love to keep all my chain rings so I could still climb if my e devices fail. Can I simply reverse rotation and put the chain ring for the motor on the opposite side? Can I have 4 rings on one side? Just wondering what options I have. I am pretty good at modifying. Also I saw one setup with the motor behind the seat on a trike. Wouldn't mind putting idlers in and mounting the motor closer to the rear wheel. Seems this motor is pretty adaptable. That bike had a 400 mile range. Hard to believe. Lawrence Rhodes

Sorry, do not have an answer to your question but i got 44-44-22 tooth chainset from luna for my cyclone 3000 kit. the first being for motor, the other rwo for bike. 22, the smallest one sure allows to climb without the motor.

Comment

If you browse the various images at the Cyclone-TW website, you may find some ideas that might work for your plans.

There are a lot of ways to mount the Cyclone kit. Many innovations have been tried, along with many different motor-placements to fit the Cyclone motors to all sorts of bikes and trikes, including recumbent types. Many use the available double-freewheels.

Both Cyclone's 3000W and 4000W geared motors can also be ordered (factory direct from Cyclone at any rate) in either clockwise or counter-clockwise versions.

Best of luck!

Tklop
      Last edited by tklop; 07-13-2018, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I think the simplest is to get 44/24.

Comment

Cyclone Double Sprocket Kit
          this may be the best way to use a cyclone motor on a recumbent.

Comment

Working...
          X